As with all of you that were following along with our live thread, watching the virtual ticket or even talking to us in Discord while you were in the crowd with us, we felt your excitement when the Diablo logo appeared on screen. We all felt your confusion, surprise, anger and a multitude of other emotions when Blizzard announced that Diablo Immortal will be a mobile game.
For many, this not the game you were hoping would be announced. The partnership with NetEase raises some very real concerns, and much of the Diablo community, including us, is worried.
There are a couple of things we need to talk about though:
1) Diablo Immortal is very much still deep in development and far from release.
We had multiple opportunities to talk to developers over the weekend, both in a structured, interview-style setting, and in more intimate, off-the-cuff style conversations. The topics ranged wildly, from the core game systems that are still being fleshed out (such as itemization, whether or not there will be resources, such as mana vs cooldowns and charges, and skill interactions) to how the UI will accommodate different sized devices and what the business model will look like. We don't have the answer yet to a lot of these questions.
2) Please remain respectful of everyone on the subreddit and Blizzard employees.
We have been extremely busy on the sub the last couple of days. We get that folks are upset and are venting their frustrations. However, it is NEVER appropriate to threaten, harass, or call for the firing of ANYONE, whether that be us as mods of this subreddit, fellow members of our community, journalists or employees of Blizzard. We have had to report multiple posts and comments to Reddit as any threats of violence or personal harm are taken very seriously. We will continue to remove posts and comments that break the subreddit's rules, especially for being low effort or a duplicate submission.
We want to make sure the Diablo subreddit is available to everyone, whether you’re upset about Diablo Immortal, you love it, you’re here for help with Diablo 3 on the Switch, or need help with Diablo 2 builds. Here is our current plan of action:
- We will continue reporting personal and violent threats against anyone or any group of people to the Reddit admins to take appropriate actions.
- We are starting up a daily mega-thread on Thursday for everyone to use as a place for memes, opinions, rants, and love stories for Diablo Immortal. New information about Diablo Immortal is still absolutely welcome to be posted directly to the subreddit.
- Starting next week, we’re going to start some focused discussions threads, to help create some more structured feedback. Each thread will have a specific topic of discussion, such as monetization, class availability, itemization, gameplay impressions, and more. If you have suggestions, please post them below.
- We have added “Diablo Immortal” flair, so if you’d like to filter out all discussion about Diablo Immortal, you will be able to do so with RES.
We will be writing up the conversation we had with Wyatt and Joe and posting that at some point in the future.
Thank you all for your time and understanding.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!