Welcome to the Thursday Hero Discussion, where we feature a rotating hero discussion every Tuesday & Thursday. There was a Brightwing Hero Discussion on February 19, 2018. On September 25nd, 2018 Brightwing was reworked and since that time has received several balance changed over the last five month.
Brightwing The Faerie Dragon
HoTS Birthday & Cost: April 15, 2014 & 625 Gems / 7000 Gold
- Brightwing Wiki Entries Wikia (Link) Gamepedia (Link) Liquipedia (Link) Nexus Compendium (Link)
- Hero Spotlight Original
- Balance History (Link)
- Brightwing Analysis w/NotParadox Where they came from
Overview of reworked talents
Release gameplay review
- Method Brightwing Guide w/Cursen
- A thru Z Brightwing Guide w/MFpallytime
Brightwing received a rework in September 2018, and several balance changes during HGC Phase 2 (Link) and currently has a 1% popularity and a 20% win rate. Brightwing's popularity on the HotS ladder based on Heroes.report (Link) and HotsLogs (Link) is around 23% with a win rate of about 50% over the past seven days.
- Brightwing is classified as Hard difficulty to play, do you agree?
- What strengths and weaknesses do you think pros consider when choosing Brightwing in HGC 2018 matches, and do those considerations apply to ranked and unranked matches?
- When do you prioritize drafting Brightwing and on what maps?
- What heroes do you draft to counter a Brightwing pick?
- Are there any particular hero synergies to complement a Brightwing pick?
- Is Brightwing an early, mid or late-game hero, and where are the significant power spikes"
- Is there a particular build you would recommend to someone wanting to learn the basics of Brightwing?
- Is there a high skill cap build you favor to optimize Brightwing' performance and create flashy plays?
- Do you have any tips or tricks for positioning Brightwing in team fights and on rotations?
- Which of Brightwing' heroics do you favor?
- Do you use the "On Release" keybind feature for any of Brightwing' abilities, if so which ones?
- Do you think Brightwing is balanced; if not, what abilities or talents should be reworked?
Previous Hero Discussions (Link)
The sidebar for Heroesofthestorm is updated to include the Hero Discussions wiki.
Please Upload Your Replays to HotsAPI.net & HotsLogs.com
Uploading your replays to these sites provides better data for the HotS community to analyze and learn from. Stats of the Storm (Link) is a utility that works for both PC and Mac that allows you to view replay stats locally on your computer and automate uploading replays to both HotsAPI and HotsLogs.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!