We’re very happy to announce the release of the ‘Ranger Update’ – our first major patch for Metro Exodus, for all platforms. This is a significant update that adds a host of new features, makes improvements across the board and addresses numerous bugs and issues.
We’d like to thank our players for your help in identifying these issues. Our goal has always been to ship the most polished product we can at launch, but we humbly acknowledge that some things can slip through even the most thorough QA. Thank you again for your patience and support.
The ‘Ranger Update’ is approximately 6 GB in size and is available to download now. Full patch notes are below, but here are the headlines:
NEW GAME +
On completion of the campaign, you can now re-play in New Game+ mode, granting access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs.
New Game + also allows to you to adjust a range of variables to create your own personal and uniquely challenging experience, and comes with new Achievements / Trophies. More details below…
Available through New Game +, enabling Developer Commentary allows you to find special tape players on which members of the 4A Games team discuss some of the design choices that went into making Metro Exodus in that area.
IMPROVED CONTROLLER RESPONSIVENESS
While the Hotfix changes were already well received, we’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform.
PLATFORM SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES
We’ve added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and many more.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE, BALANCE AND GAMEPLAY OPTIMISATIONS
A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
CRASH / BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
We’ve fixed numerous crashes – some from your descriptions, and some from the crash dumps you have submitted to us. We’ve only listed a few below, but you should expect a big improvement to stability in this update. Thank you for continuing to help us out!
FULL UKRAINIAN LOCALISATION ADDED
We’re proud to offer Metro Exodus fully localised for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born.
Read on for more information on each topic, and please note:
Level specific content fixes or changes can only be fully applied to a level when it is started from the beginning either through natural progression, or the chapters menu. If you try to load an existing save within a level, the updates for that level will not be applied to that existing save. Updates will apply to all subsequent levels progressed to with that save.
NEW GAME + AND DEVELOPER COMMENTARY
New Game + adds a whole new dimension to repeat play-throughs of the campaign. Modify the following suite of modes and settings to craft your own personalised gameplay experience:
- Allows you to start with all weapons and attachments found in the last playthrough
- Weapons are granted after freeing Anna in Moscow
- Starting weapons will be the last loadout that was set in the previous end game save
- All other weapons and attachments previously unlocked will be available in the Aurora Workbench Armory, first encountered in Volga
- Player Armor/Wrist upgrades do not carry over
- Reduces weapon slots to one. Any weapon can be used in this slot, but you can only take one with you. Manage this by swapping Weapons in the field, or by using the Aurora Workbench Armory
- Provides Player with the Crossbow at the beginning of the game in addition to normal Weapon Progression. Yermak gives the Player the Crossbow after Jammer scene in Moscow.
- Crafting in the Backpack is disabled, you may only use a Workbench
- Only Weapon modifications allowed in Backpack
- Human NPC’s are upgraded by one level of Armor across the game if applicable
- Creatures have thicker hide across the game
- Human NPC’s use explosives more often
Real Time Weather
- Change the game’s natural day/night cycle from 2 to 24 real hours for complete immersion
- Fog, Rain, Snow, and Sand storm conditions occur more frequently where applicable
Radiation is Forever
- Additional radiation zones will appear across some levels, making the Gas Mask more important
- Fully disables the Save System, progress is only saved between levels
- Green Tape Players throughout the game will be available to play Developer Commentary about the area in which it is found
ADDITIONAL NEW GAME + CONTENT
Achievements / Trophies
- Additional set of hidden objects in the world, only available in New Game +
New Game + becomes available from the New Game menu after completing the game once.
Please Note: Starting a new game in Regular Mode or in New Game + will clear your Quick/Auto/Chapter Select saves. You will need to progress again to access later levels.
Click here for PC Patch notes in this update.
Click here for Console Patch notes in this update.
Thank you again or your ongoing support, the team at 4A Games will continue to work on future updates and we’ll be able to share our DLC plans for Expansion Pass holders in the near future!
Source: Original link
© Post "26 March 2019 | METRO EXODUS BIG UPDATE | RANGER UPDATE" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.