This feels like the game I've wanted for years, and I'm STOKED to see where it's at in ~1-2 years when it's fully released.
It's like SWG, Albion Online, and EVE had a baby and dressed in all the best graphically-enhanced Skyrim mods you could muster …..Ok, maybe that's a bit much, but seriously this game is immensely fun.
Here are some of things that excite me. Can't be too specific because of NDA.
- Truly open world player housing/cities with housing/farming in the same vein as SWG but with more of an Archeage feel.
- Low # character cap on guilds means no huge zergs. I've never seen more than 5-10 people together, max.
- Insaneeeeeeeely gorgeous graphics (the fauna is notably impressive)
- Methodical, Dark-Souls-esque melee combat, which is good, but can easily be better with tweaks. Guns / Bows feel great.
- Quick to transition from a new player into doing useful/exciting activities with your gulild, as is true in most sandboxes.
- Fantastic local VOIP and "friendly intentions" waving button to nearby people means a lot of cooperation and PvP less tension. Great community so far (not surprising since it's Alpha)
- Zergy open world Ganking is far less common than other sandboxes due to penalties. There are 'lawless' areas however with no penalties for anyone.
- DOES NOT play like an Alpha, more like a late beta. Runs incredibly smooth, UI is polished and crisp. This could easily be a well-rated "early access" game on Steam.
If you took Albion online, gave it AAA graphics from a 3rd person POV, took away all the guild zerging, and added truly open world housing that was a combo of SWG/Archeage, you'd kind of have an idea of what this game about.
Happy to answer any questions in as vague a way as possible. Trying to generate some hype without breaking my NDA. =D
EDIT:: HOLY FUCK THE AMOUNT OF MISINFORMATION IN THIS THREAD.. LEMME JUST CLEAR UP SOME THINGS
/u/katjezz Severs are not 75/200 capacity. They are 1500 max and are often over 1000 player active. This is factually wrong.
EDIT2: It's truuuuly sad that someone can come into a sub and hype a game they're excited about for genuine reasons and just get raaiiined down upon with downvotes and unfounded rage (most of which stems from a complete lack of information, or in some cases willingly promoting false information). This will certainly be my last post to try to hype any game in this community. Eff that
Source: Original link
© Post "Amazon New World’s Alpha is super fun, and the finished product is going to be incredible." for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.