Like many, I'm temporarily off work due to covid. so I have a) a lot of free time and b) little expendable income.
I have a potato laptop and an iPhone XR as my options. Though, I know iOS mmorpg scene isn't a big thing yet right now maybe there's a gem on there I just don't know about.
I'm going to steal from the 'recommendation weekly thread' post I also made that got zero traction. 🙂
What are you looking for?:
- An open world MMO that's free to play.
What games have you previously played?:
- Retail Wow a little bit (pc)
- Classic wow a little bit (pc)
- Durango: Wild Lands (iOS) (shut down)
- Some Nexon mobile RPG that came out some months ago with 4 classes. Had great graphics, but after successsful launch, incorporated gross p2w mechanics and the game basically died.I can't remember the game's name (ios)
What is your playstyle (Casual,Semi-Casual,Hardcore)?:
- Casual to semi-casual. I'll be putting more hours in over the next couple weeks than I normally would. If it's on iOS, I can put far more hours into it simply due to accessibility to the device.
Any preferred mechanics?:
- Deep Character options / builds / class selections is a big bonus. I like theory crafting and playing janky builds in rpgs. I like a challenge and hate myself. Tho this is simply bonus, not a deal breaker type thing.
Anything specific you want to exclude?:
- expensive games / subs
- high end spec/graphic requirements. (unless it's iOS. I have an XR that can handle anything. Laptop not so much)
- grotesque p2w mechanics. (which might be hard to avoid since I'm looking for something basically free. I get it.)
I'm not looking to shatter leader boards or anything here, and given that I'll be playing for free, I kind of expect some degree of pay-to-win or pay-to-advance built in. (but hey, maybe not who knows). But I do want to have an unencumbered experience.
I dabbled with Classic and retail warcraft. Classic is a really good game, I get the appeal, but it just doesn't feel right for me. I think it mostly stems to the fact that nothing remains in the game to be discovered so when I log in, I'm playing with people with 15 years of knowledge, and when I don't have any of it, it gets stressful. Retail on the other hand has alot of quality of life changes, but the experience feels cheap. I got to level 40 on a new character (my very first one) in an afternoon. Like, what the heck. It felt cheap.
I guess, I just want something where the grind has a payoff. Classic Wow is a grind, but I dont feel the elation of a big payoff afterwards.
I prefer the fantasy trope of most MMO's (final fantasy, wow etc) but I'm open minded to something that's sci-fi/space, anime etc. I dont really care. I'm already asking a lot for nothing. I'm not picky about theme.
Anyways, do you have any ideas?
Source: Original link
© Post "are there any worthwhile free-to-play mmorpgs out there?" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.