These are ones I've picked up or been playing while waiting for the next big thing. Not in any particular order.
- Should be a "duh" but amazing game after reaching max level.
- Uses a hybrid of tab-targeting and some action based moves.
- Cash shop exists, but is 100% convenience/aesthetics based.
- No subscription required for anything however expansions must be purchased.
- By far the best leveling experience in any mmo in terms of story/lore/companion romance etc.
- 99% tab-targetting.
- Cash shop same as GW2.
- Free to play model is very restrictive in many ways. Subscription status allows access to all expansion.
AION/ LINEAGE 2 /BLADE AND SOUL
- Clumping these three together because they're all downloaded via ncsoft site.
- All have some p2w practices but the games themselves are free to enjoy.
- Aion/Lineage use tab-targetting while BnS uses action combat.
- None of the stories really got to me, but the overall game play was fun, especially BnS.
- Some p2w practices.
- Has subscription-type service available, however this premium status may also be purchased using in-game currency which can be done in a relatively short time. (Took me about 3 weeks to earn 1-month after starting the game)
- Has some very unique trade/player home economies which I had a lot of fun with.
- By far the most visually stunning mmo I have ever played.
- Considered by many to have a strong end game p2w market. I have over 1000hrs logged and it never affected me.
- Combat is 99% action based with an STRONG emphasis on grinding and open world pvp.
- You have probably heard terrible things about this game but I highly recommend picking it up if just for the visuals.
TWIN SAGA/ ECHO OF SOUL/ AURA KINGDOM
- Clumped these three because they're all anime based and extremely similar.
- Combat is tab-targeting, but visually very fun considering.
- Biggest down side to these three would be the low player populations but still worth playing imo.
- Cash shop comes across as kind of scummy. There are side quests that require you purchase items from them -_-
- Questing can get very monotonous, but still very fun games to throw 10+hrs into.
BLESS ONL NOPE.
- Downside is it's an older game. Upside is the lore and questing are really well done and I'm not even big into the lotr.
- This is one of those you pick up to play through the story and maybe chat with some friends while playing, not for the aesthetics or next-gen gameplay, but I still had fun with it.
- I cant speak volumes on this because I only played for about 5 hours but it seemed pretty fun considering how old it is.
- Still alive and kicking years after shutdown.
- Both the Legends and Classic servers boast around 1,000 players last I checked. This may not seem like a lot but it's just enough that you'll still run into people constantly.
I'll add more to this as I come across any gems out there. Been really searching for games to play until classic's release which will hopefully last me a couple months until swtor's expansion in September.
I don't really plan on adding anything I haven't played, but if you have a game that belongs here I'll check it out.
Source: Original link
© Post "FREE to Play MMORPGS. My Current Favorites." for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.