I want to take good care of it and also do what I can to fend off the dreaded joycon drift and other issues. So, as a person picking up their first switch, a few questions.
1) There are always rumors flying that Nintendo is going to put out a newer/more powerful Switch. Is there any substance there, or just a lot of speculation and wishful thinking? On one hand, I don't want them to announce one six weeks after I actually get my switch, but on the other, I don't want to wait half a year for it, either.
2) I know the console has 32 gb memory. That can be expanded with an SD card, right? How much can one hold with the internal memory, generally? (I'm wanting to get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Expansion Pass, so I'm curious if it'll fit)
3) Screen Protection – how useful is it, and what kind of protector should I look into? I know the console has touch features and protectors can interfere with that, but I'm also wondering how prevalent the touch features actually are, as well.
4) Joycon Drift – I know you can send a joycon with issues to Nintendo for repairs. What address do you need to send it to and how do you get in touch with them? How common exactly is the problem, and how bad is it. Do Pro Controllers develop stick drift as well? Would having a Pro Controller help mitigate the issue of stick drift?
5) Online Play – how expensive is it, and what would be the big games of interest for it?
6) I have an existing account on a Wii U and a 3DSXL, but the Switch uses its own separate account format, right? Any details worth sharing about that?
7) Security and Settings – Does the Switch have any major settings or anything that people reccomend be adjusted when you first get it? I recall something recent where an update apparently swapped a security setting on people. How common is that?
Finally, Game Considerations. I've got about $600 to get stuff with, so I'm paying half of it for the actual console, probably 60 or 70 for a Pro Controller, and, beyond that, here's the short list (in rough order) of games I want. I want to get a variety to start me out. If there's anything that doesn't appear here that matches my tastes, let me know~!
- = not out yet, I think?
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Expansion Pass
Monster Hunter Rise*
Smash Bros. Ultimate + Fighter Passes
Bravely Default 2*
Zelda: BotW + Expansion Passes (Played before, but want it on the console)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Zelda: BotW 2*
Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake
Fire Emblem: Three Houses ?
Fire Emblem Warriors ?
Collection of Mana
Dark Souls Remastered
Hollow Knight: Silksong*
Obviously I can't afford it all. I think my first priority is Xenoblade 2, then something with a different style, maybe Age of Calamity? I've heard that game has problems, though?
Source: Original link
© Post "Getting My Switch Next Month. Some Questions." for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.