Hope I spare some hours of playing around with your LTE/UMTS router and NAT horror stories.
I will first go through ways you will not obtain NAT 1/2, these settings will not work (does not matter if you use Wifi or LAN on your PS4):
- Port Forwarding (also called "Virtual Server") will not work (*reason below)
- Special Applications setting will not work (*reason below)
- setting up static IP manually on PS will not work (*reason below)
- Putting PS4 IP as your DMZ setting on the router
*reason: Your ISP (mobile network provider) has set NAT on your external IP, meaning your ISP will dynamically set your IP (every network session restart this IP changes)
The only way you will obtain NAT 2 permanently on UMTS router (as Huawei or many others) is:
Contact your ISP, request for a static public IP, there is no other chance, believe me!
You can play around if you want to, I have lost hours trying to figure this out. Occasionally I did get NAT type 2 on my PS4, but only for a minute or two.
If you still have problems (shown NAT type 3 on your PS4) after your ISP sets static public IP for you, try can the following steps:
- Disable firewall on your LTE/UMTS router (not all routers have this setting enabled)
- Put your PS4 IP (something list 192.168.*.*) to DMZ on your LTE/UMTS router
- Set up port forwarding (sometimes called Virtual Server) for the next TCP/UDP ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3478-3479
- try avoiding the TCP/UDP setting, write one rule for TCP, the other for UDP
- check image below, many of my ports are forwarded specifically for some games (Destiny 2, Far Cry 4, …)
- Set up Special Application settings (if you have this setting, many routers do not)
- Many of these settings might not be available to set on your router (they are firmware locked/hidden)
- Do not try any custom ROM you find on the internet, most will not work, the one that do will, will usually break something
- None of the following settings will most likely change anything for you
- "Bridge Mode" (best turned off),
- "NAT (Cone setting is best)",
- "UPNP (Disabled is best)"
- Let me repeat, the only way you will obtain NAT 2 permanently on UMTS/LTE router is contacting your ISP, request for a static public IP, there is zero chance you can get NAT 1 or NAT 2 setting before you do so.
Source: Original link
© Post "How to get NAT type 1 or 2 on PlayStation 4/PS4 via LTE UMTS Router" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.