I wanted to post this immediately after finishing the game but hasitated because I know non image/video/meme topics are generally not welcome on reddit. Still I really feel like sharing this because Horizon was just such an amazing experience.
Finished it at lvl58, when I got the master override instead of taking it to the character who wanted it and continuing the main plot I went to the cut which resulted in some interesting exchange between the characters. Did a ton of side quests there and then finished the main story. Didn't bother killing the Fireclaws in the cut because I ran out of chillwater from just taking down two of them but I finished most side quests there I believe.
I hated the timed hunting in the game so I didn't bother with that.
– Incredible atmosphere and art direction
– a stunning rich living world full of mysteries just waiting to be discovered, simply walking around and taking it all in was a huge huge part of my experience.
– the sense of discovery was unbelievable, I WANTED to explore, to lean about the world and its characters
– Many core aspects of the story are strangely similar to a story I developed for a game I was making in 2009 but that only made me love the world more.
– EXCELLENT sci-fi story for both Frozen Wilds and the main game! Everything I want from a story, beautiful beautiful story filled with great characters.
– Nice variety of difficulty options so everyone can enjoy the game, I personally played it on easy and I wouldn't have it any other way, had the game been more difficult I wouldn't have had any fun with it much less bothered finishing it or doing so much content.
– AMAZING music and ambiance that further add to the worlds incredible atmosphere
– Fun, story focused side quests
– Frequent save points
– Fun combat on easy mode at least
– VERY good, tight, responsive controls both in and out of combat, you truly feel in control of your character at all times. Her movement feels natural.
– Clear, easy to follow quest and location markers allowing to player to explore at will while always providing a clear indication of where to go next.
– Very streamlined experience that respects the player's time…for the most part except….and here come the cons.
– Resource gathering and crafting made the game needlessly tedious at times
– Limited inventory
My final rating 9.5/10
Would've been a 10/10 if not for the two cons, however as a memorable experience it is a 10/10
I just couldn't get enough of the incredible world the game was set in, I'd often take the time just to admire the world, colors, sounds, amazing experience.
© Post "I finished Horizon and Frozen Wild last week, it was such an incredible experience I feel the need to share my thoughts of this masterpiece. As a fan of RPGs and JRPGs whose played the genre for well over 20 years now Horizon is one of my favorite RPGs of all time." for game Gaming News.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!