I did not find any discussion of the open beta that was playable past weekend.
Some of my impressions:
- Sound design is amazing. From bullets impacting next to your head to pre breach muffled shuffling behind closed doors, the sound elevates the overall level of immersion.
- I like the gunplay very much. Weapons felt very different and each have their own niche. for example: A LMG is practically useless without being prone with a bipod, the mk 18 CQB is way more controllable in close quarters than a m4 and so on.
- Every gadget/weapon is already unlocked. You have a set of points you can spend on your loadout and every piece of equipment has weight. I like this system very much as there is only a 'grind' for cosmetic items.
- Relevant to the previous points: the class roles. I had fun experimenting with the different roles. Laying down surpressing fire for my teammates, rushing rooms with the CQB class, making a long range shotgun build. Lots of variety is possible.
- Kicking down doors never gets old.
- Surpressing fire is actually useful.
- Matchmaking issues. Had a recurring problem that only a some members of my party joined a game.
- joining a game and just being unable to spawn at all.
- Graphical glitches like textures not loading in.
- AI has uneven difficulty.
- Not many PVE modes: probably because it's a beta though.
What are your impressions/experiences?
© Post "Insurgency: Sandstorm open beta impressions/discussion" for game Gaming News.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!