So I was reading an article on
Will EverQuest ever die? Daybreak may stop developing it eventually, but it'll always exist in some form—whether that's on community-run servers, or just in the fond memories of the thousands of people who have played and loved it over the years. But for now it shows no signs of giving up. A new expansion, The Burning Lands, was released in December last year, and another is on the way. And with a brand new game potentially on the horizon, the land of Norrath should be a home for adventurers for many more years to come.
And that was when I remembered something from about a year ago, a post on MassivelyOP article detailing information that someone claiming to be an ex-employee of Daybreak leaked on Reddit about the company's long-term plans. This person made several claims:
- That Just Survive was on its last legs and would be sunset before the end of 2018. The game was shutdown in October.
- Planetside 2 was supposed to be getting new character models and animations in 2018. Daybreak unveiled its new robot mercenaries for PS2 in 2018.
- Planetside 3 was in early development. Other teams would be siphoned into this project next year. It would be a team based battle royal game that combines the building aspect of Fortnite with territory acquisition.
Planetside Arena was unveiled in December.
- Everquest would have one last expansion. The 20th anniversary would introduce a series of nostalgic raids that tie into complex quests. Gnome Memorial Mountain was announced yesterday.
For somebody I originally thought was a troll this guy has had a pretty good accuracy rate on his predictions. But there is one other prediction that this leaker made:
- Everquest 3 had been back in development for a year and was being rebuilt from the ground up. It was being designed to to compete with Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and to be the first fantasy MMORPG to put an emphasis on team battle royal PvP.
Of course, Black Desert Online and Ashes of Creation have already hopped aboard the BR train but since when has stuff like that stopped SOE/Daybreak? Now PC Gamer is saying there is a potentially a new Everquest game on the horizon. So, if our leaker is as accurate as he was with his other predictions Daybreak has been working on a new Everquest MMO for roughly the last two to two-and-a-half years.
Source: Original link
© Post "Is there a new Everquest MMO game in development?" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.