Many years ago, I played an anime mmorpg that I cannot remember the name of in the slightest. I remember that I had just started playing it (around 2013-2014) and a few months later, they shut down due to low interest in the game. I forgot about it and moved on, however, I wanted to see if it was alive again. Over the recent years when I have thought about it, I would do intensive searching to find the game to see the old content that it had, like a MMOByte video or something, just so I could remember and live in nostalgia of the short amount of time I had to play it. However, no matter how hard I search, I cannot find it. If anyone knows the game I'm talking about, please let me know. Here is what I remember about it:
- The name of it started with a "D", I'm almost completely sure. (Definitely not Dragon Nest)
- I distinctly remember a mechanist like class, however, I started as something along the lines of a fighter and multiclassed (or class changed) into it. It had pretty complicated shooting mechanics for just a simple click and lock on mmorpg. It had reload mechanics for the cannon that the Mechanist used.
- Like most AMMORPGS, there was some fan service, but the image that distinctively sticks out in my mind is that of a somewhat big busted Angel girl contrasted by a similarly big busted Demon girl. In the pictures, they are cute and chibi, but their sprites in the game are relatively normal. What reminded me of the game in the first place was seeing these 2 girls in a different game completely, like they were stolen assets or something.
- I know almost every AMMORPG starts out with generic starting area -> big city with large castle -> Starting field with slimes, but I distinctly remember the starting quest line revolving around previously mentioned Angel Girl, standing with a large castle in the background.
- The website for the game had an intensive list of class guides and videos, and I remember that the video cinematic for the game was pretty crazy, and involved hordes of mobs attacking this city in the forest while the adventurers fought them off (could be thinking about a different game, but its what pops out in my head.)
- Might be reaching, but I remember the icon of the game, or maybe even the company icon, involved a potato.
If anyone can help me out, I would be greatly appreciative. And perhaps this game is back alive yet again, and can be played once more!
Edit: Wow, all it took was one more website search and I finally found it. Divina Online, created by Beanfun! US. Unfortunately, doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon. I quite enjoyed it for its short run. Here is the link of the wiki article for the game. Sorry for posting this and immediately finding it, but if anyone else remembers this game, post it in the comments!
Source: Original link
© Post "Long Lost Anime MMORPG (I Know I Played It! I’m Not Crazy!)" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.