I wanted to provide some info and get the word out about Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning. It's a free to play, private server MMORPG, with a heavy focus on realm vs realm combat, open world persistent PvP, and instanced battlegrounds. All this takes place in the rich and detailed world of Warhammer.
Many tried the game back when it launched in 2008. It initially sold over a million copies, and at one point had over 800k subscribers. The live game eventually closed down due to more reasons than I can list here. The private server started shortly after as a way to keep the game alive, and has been growing and improving with each passing year. Many of the issues that plagued the live game have been resolved, due in part to advances in server and internet technology, and in part due to the tireless work of the completely volunteer dev team and community.
I've been a long time player of Warhammer Online, starting in the beta in 2007, and this is honestly the best, most balanced, and stable iteration of the game ever. I've played practically every MMO that's come out over the last 20 years, not one if them holds a candle to the PvP and open world RvR this game provides. I think I'm in the same boat as many MMO players, waiting for something new to come out and reignite that old passion for the genre. This game can not only hold our attention while we wait, but it can be damn fun at the same time.
Now some important stuff you might need to know:
- The game is completely free to play, no cash shop, no pay to win, and donations in any sort are never accepted. The project is not and will never be monetized.
- There are updates to the game every week, including new items, dungeons, quests, balance changes, events, and bug fixes.
- There are two factions, Order and Destruction. Each faction has three races, and there are a total of 24 unique classes in the game split between the factions. Each class also has 3 distinct specializations, leading to 72 class subtypes.
- The game has a full open world PvP system with battlefield objectives, keeps to attack and claim, giant fortresses to siege, and endless battles throughout the world. The campaign moves as one side wins and the areas you fight in will differ greatly. These battles can have as many as 1000 players at the same time. There are also dozens of instanced battlegrounds for smaller scale fights with the usual MMO objectives (flag capture, king of the hill, bomb run, etc.)
- Fear not if you have a taste for all things PvE. The world has thousands of quests to complete, there are currently 7 dungeons, epic quests, 24 man public quest raids, and they are all full of detailed Warhammer Lore, and quite good gear to obtain.
- Finally, the community is probably the best I've ever been in. So many people are helpful to new players, guilds are forming every day, and since there is only one server, you get to know both your allies and enemies quite well. This game has legendary figures, and they truly earned their reputations.
- Regarding the 1v1 addicts, the project has recently released its own dueling arena that allows 1v1 fights, 2v2 and more. Alongside pride titles for duels won and lost.
- Twitch Drops are enabled for this emulation server. Yes, a private server with Twitch Drops enabled, for a simple reason that the Warhammer Online's EA license has been gone for a long time and the project respects the IP policy of Games Workshop by having zero monetization or any intention of any sort of profit or even donation.
The only issue this server really suffers from is a lack of advertising, and that is where this post comes in. The next few months are going to be huge for this game. With more Twitch Drops events, weekend +50% experience gain and new content under development.
The game is easy to find with a simple web search for Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning (not sure about rules linking the site here), and you can download the game and everything you need from there. There are even guides on YouTube to walk you through the download, and getting started with the game. There is also a Discord server which contains loads of tips and live support should you need any.
If you do decide to try it, I look forward to fighting with you, or against you on the battlefield. The community is active and helpful on both sides, with people willing to help with gear and gold.
tldr: Give Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning a try if you are looking for a fantastic MMO that is free to play and large or small PvP focused.
Source: Original link
© Post "Return of Reckoning – The Warhammer Online project" for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.