Dual Universe just hit Public Beta Today and it was a total disaster.
- First off there is next to no game play loops and pve content to do.
- The games performance is beyond bad especially when you are near any type district & trading hub… We're not talking about 100 fps to 40 fps we're are talking about 40 fps to 5 fps…
- The tutorial & guide does not help most players get started. If you want to survive you need to find a helping group or you will be lost and confused right away.
- The developers let players grief other players in forms of large constructs and advertising at Districts to kill off the few remaining FPS you have.
- The economy is destroyed. Talking to other players in the game a week before their Soft Launch they have had 2 Major economy breaches. One was Salvaging System where people made millions and then they took it out. The next one was the Bots where you can buy/sell items from. Yes they don't have a player / real economy it's all just these fake bots that buy / sell things. Anyways the Bots were buying things for some insane profits so people were buying and selling back and forth and made 100's of Millions.
- The economy is not player driven at all in fact like I said above it's highly based on this whole Bot System.
- They have a Daily Login reward of 100k credits a day. Their excuse was so creative players don't have to mine… Once again another dagger into the economy.
- The community raptly wanted the Beta Delayed and there was even a Poll (from what I'm told from the community in game) that there was polls to do a Wipe that the Poll had multiple options and all the poll wipe options added up was almost 50% of the community. The point here was not so what 50% it's more about 50% of the community felt there was a need to begin with was the biggest insane part.
Overall the Game is a mess and I can't ever see it pulling itself together. From what I been told as some of this is old information not something as a new player would know is that the developers have no clue what their doing. That they keep testing new major features live that keeps breaking and upsetting the balance of the game.
I hate doing this myself and have not done it in a long time but I put a refund request in myself. I honestly can't support a game like this. It explains why they went overboard with the NDA. Now they have no money left and they are trying to last a couple more years before they go Job Hunting it seems.
Yes I know this is a Beta and I understand many changes will happen. That being said breaking the economy on so many levels within 1 week without real action shows what the future holds.
Source: Original link
© Post "[Review] Dual Universe Beta a Disaster." for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.