The Division 2’s post-launch content and Year 1 Pass detailed
Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment have lifted the lid on their plans for the first year of The Division 2.
According to a post on the game’s official site, the plan is to deliver three narrative-driven episodes, an eight-player raid, three new specializations, and more throughout the year. All of this post-launch content will be free for all players on all platforms.
The first episode, titled D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, will see players chasing down elite members of the Outcasts and the Black Tusks in the surrounding areas of Washington. While the second episode, Pentagon: The Last Castle, will task players with infiltrating the Pentagon to uncover the secrets that lie inside. The Division 2’s third post-launch episode will conclude the first year of content, but Ubisoft is remaining quiet about it for now.
Ubisoft also shared details about the game’s Year 1 Pass, which will grant seven days of early access to post-launch episodes and instant access to all post-launch specializations. In addition, pass holders get additional bounties and projects, exclusive cosmetic items, and exclusive access to Classified Assignments. These exclusive assignments “will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C.” and each reward a unique and exclusive backpack trophy upon completion. A full rundown of everything included in the pass can be found below:
7-Day Early Access to Episode Narrative Content
- Owners of the Pass will have a 7-day early access to the narrative content only, included in all Year 1 Episodes.
Instant unlock of the Year 1 SpecializationsЗагрузка...
- At launch, The Division 2 will include three Specializations, instantly available to everyone when reaching max level (Level 30).
- Throughout Year 1, we will release three additional Specializations for your agent. Year 1 Pass holders will unlock these new specializations as soon as they’re released.
- For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time, but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.
- Year 1 Pass holders will also be able to earn exclusive cosmetic items with each Specialization’s release.
Exclusive Access to Classified Assignments
- Over the course of Year 1, Pass holders will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments, which will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C.
- Completing each assignment will award you with a unique and exclusive backpack trophy to customize your Agent’s look.
Additional Bounties and Projects
- Bounties in The Division 2 are special tasks to eliminate specific enemy targets, while Projects are assignments to complete various tasks around D.C.
- As a Year 1 Pass holder, you will get access to one additional Bounty per week and one extra Project per day for a Challenging mission.
- This perk ends on March 1st, 2020.
Exclusive Cosmetic Items
- Year 1 Pass holders will get access to these exclusive rewards: the Agent Ward Outfit and the Scout emote.
“Our intention is to allow all players an even playing field. Year 1 Pass holders will receive certain content like early access to Episodes and additional narrative experiences in Classified Assignments,” Ubisoft added in an FAQ about the pass. “Raids, new weapons, gear and other gameplay-affecting post launch additions will be available to all players at the same time.”
Finally, it was confirmed that the game will launch with an in-game Apparel Store, which lets players “directly purchase cosmetic items for purchasable Premium Credits.”
The Division 2 launches March 15th, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. However, players won’t have to wait that long to play the game, as an open beta will be happening this weekend on all platforms.
Source: Original link
© Post "The Division 2’s post-launch content and Year 1 Pass detailed" for game Gaming News.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!