Sorry for the title, there might be some but apparently not on my known list, which means it might be not popular enough to reach casual gamer. The closest one is probably Zelda but I don't own a switch and it's still minority.
Second, English is not my native language so I may beat around the bush and many grammar mistakes, feel free to point out so I can edit. Sorry in advance.
Here are a few points from my title:
- Open word Fantasy RPG: Worlds like The Witcher, LOTR or Monster Hunter, basically swords, shields, bows and magic. Tolkien's world or Dark Fantasy depends on your taste, if you don't like Fantasy, you can set it as GTA, RDR2 or whatever you want as this is not the main point of the post. I used Fantasy simply because I like this world the most.
- Focus on exploration instead of line-near story: Basically there is no plot that too important so you have to finish it in short-timed (at least the plot makes you feel so). I would enjoy something general like: There is a demon lord, everyone should take him down and to meet the demon, I must not finish a specific task, which requires another task, which requires other components. I know this is one the cores of RPG but at least don't make it too obvious or there are substitutions like: There is a holy sword, which is effective agains demon lord but I can completely ignore that and replace it with more efforts of gaining stats. I know most people will eventually want to find that sword but with this way, it doesn't feel like a task and emphasize the exploration/choice materials. To sum up, minimum blocking contents (require A to do B to do C to do D and goes on).
- Not well-established characters: I was born normally, just like other NPCs, not someone important like the chosen one or son of gods, just some common bitch. The only thing that distinguish me with others is that I have a power of the protagonist.
Another few more points that I want to add to make my game perfect:
- Well-crafted side-stories: Because the the main plot is somewhat uninterested, it would be great if the side stories are well written like TW3. It will make me feel more of the journey and love to explore more.
- Coop: I'd love to have a coop with randoms to clear a dungeon, it also reflects my stats since I can compare with others, what they have that I don't, might there be an area that I missed? How do they got that costume?
Basically, I want the character I play represent my journey instead of reflecting a written character. It's a truly Role-Play-Game to me.
What do you guys think? Is there any game like this that I missed out?
Source: Original link
© Post "Why there is no open world Fantasy RPG that just focuses on the exploration without well-established characters instead of finishing a line near story." for game Gaming News.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.