Hi all, I only found out about the set dungeons achievement few days ago and decided to go a bit HAM. I ended up doing four classes’ set dungeons over last couple days, so everything is still pretty fresh on my mind. (I did DH/Crusader like long ago, so sadly I won’t write about them here).
Today, I was thinking about my last dungeon (which unintentionally) ended up being Barb’s notorious Waste set dungeon. It seemed impossible but actually turned out quite easy. I figure maybe others could benefit from some of the things I learned so I decided to write this guide for those four classes. Also, with this season’s community buff, i think it’s worth trying for set dungeons now, because some of the combos I used may not be possible (or as easy) in other seasons after. FWIW: I’m about 960 paragon.
I am going to write about some general stuff first. Feel free to skip down to the class specific tips.
- starting point: I referred to icyveins’ guides a lot during my set dungeons run. My tips here are built on top of what their guides suggest. In terms of skills I pretty much copied their builds and they worked great for the majority of the time. There were definitely times I used my combination of abilities (which I will note in this guide). I definitely differ with them the most in terms of equipment. Some of their gear suggestions are sometimes essential and sometimes completely unnecessary.
- equipments: crimson set + RORG was the real mvp. I think I used these in pretty much all the set dungeons I did. The CDR+RCR+DMG+DMG mitigation is just way too good. I also had some combination of Messerschmidt’s Reaver + Ingeom + Obsidian ring in many of the runs. Illusory Boots also become super essential in some of the dungeons, I highly recommend farming for them first from the bounty chests. Also, if you play other classes, don’t feel deterred from wearing items with the wrong primary stats, a lot of times it doesn’t matter. Sometimes it even helps because some dungeons u don’t want to kill too fast. Don’t even bother wasting resources to enchant gear pieces to optimize their rolls unless you have to (like CDR/vit).
- gems: nothing too special, except for Taeguk which i talked about below. But also defensive gems get a mention. Some of the dungeons can get difficult in terms of surviving. So I wore like moratorium and the melee reduction one sometimes. If I had esoteric/gizzard leveled, i would wear those too. Oh, take off Bane of the Trapped too as that slow can really get in the way of mob gathering.
- immunity: some of the set dungeons have reqs like don’t get hit by poison. Unfortunately for you, I eventually had the respective immunity gear for all of them. So I cheesed those parts and not going to help with tips for that. (I honestly skip and moved on from some of the set dungeons until i found those amulets from myself/friends/pub games)
- power level: for many of the set dungeons, you don’t want to be too strong. Sometimes you have to be really weak, like around 200-400k sheet damage. Move your paragon points around, drop some gems. However, I do suggest (if the build allows), to have some ability or gem (like taeguk) whose power don’t kick in until you have to so you can kill things fast once the objs are done.
- practice makes perfect: many of the set dungeons may seem impossible or utterly stupid at first. It sounds trite, but practice really does help! Don’t give up or feel defeated right away! I would also suggest using your first many attempts to feel out the dungeon. Take notes of the dungeon layout, the mob density, where they typically spawn…etc. Rhythm is a big part here. Once you get that down, it’s mostly down to RNG/executing your plan, and not falling to mistakes (like I got hit by the swinging axe for the Barb Waste set dungeon with only one mob away from mastering the dungeon and my meta achievements…)
- minimap watching: I think this is pretty key to many of the set dungeons. #1 you don’t wan to be missing mobs. #2 Gotta watch for the layout, and corners because of missing mob or going wrong way. #3 Watch for how many mobs were congregating so you can plan what to do. For many of the set dungeons require you to gather mob, sometimes you have to decide if this is the pack you want to try for or you just want to clear. #4 watch for special mobs, like the rock worm or the elite that you have to do special things to, often they move differently.
- gotta kill them all: this deserves a special mention. You really can’t be missing mobs. For the harder set dungeons, it can screw up a perfect run because you miss one mob and you have to hunt the whole dungeon for it. So with that said, you gotta have some kind of route in mind. IIRC, the layouts of some of the set dungeons are random, some are set. Also, for some of the builds, I was able to have room for one OP ability that fits my build. So I would focus on objectives, and then just go HAM on the rest killing them asap.
- time required: I am a moderately skilled player and I think the spread was like this: it was mostly incredibly easy (5-15mins) to moderately challenging (half an hour or so). I think of all four classes (Wiz, WD, Barb, Monk), there were three or four total that took me an hour to two hours. Some pissed me off hard because the set dungeons wasn’t even “hard”, it was just bs (like Wiz and the rock worms).
- numlock: as with D3 outside of set dungeons, definitely make good use of numlock trick to make thing simpler for you. Numlock (or caps lock) trick basically allow you to auto cast abilities. It’s allowed in D3 and if u have no idea what this it. I highly recommend you google this.
- followers: send them home. 🙂
- that’s about it: I can’t think of any other general things. If anyone has questions/comments, I may add them to this session. I have to say though, I did enjoy doing this (in the sense of mini games) even tho some of them were really aggravating.
(Difficulty ratings: between ⭐️ ez and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ hardest)
Wrath of the Wastes
Objectives: 1) Rend 10 different enemies at once 5 times; and 2) Do not take any physical damage for the duration of the dungeon.
- Diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️. (I personally think, with practice it is 1 ⭐️, but I know people would disagree with that.)
- I have to start with this one as this was what inspired me to write this post. I googled around and people seem to hate this with a passion. I did too until I read about the trick from someone on here i think.
- the absolute key to this is sprint (gang away). It knocks enemies around and pretty much gives you immunity to the 2nd objective (not get physically hit). With my CDR, I was able to pretty much keep it up all the time. Also highly recommend War Cry rune with additional 30% dodge. With all these things + Illusory Boots, I could literally run or jump into packs around the entire map forever without getting hit.
- my rotation for obj 1 was this: sprint (gang away) or leap (stun rune) into packs, ground stomp (bigger range and pull them in rune), and rend (bigger range rune). With stun and pull and stun again, most of the times the mobs are still cc when you rend. This was actually quite easy to do, especially since you have to do it to only 10 mobs at a time only 5 times (other set dungeons require like 15-20 mobs). The trick is to actually not kill too many of them and try to do two if there’s a large group.
- I kept whirlwind (part of the whirlrend build) w/ Ambo’s pride and Hurricane rune (pull from 35 yards away), with a high level Taeguk (I might have even put on Mantle of Channeling)— this allows me to clear mobs fast when they are stray mobs and once the objectives are done. Also kill the elite guys asap.
- one last thing: do be careful fo the swinging axe for they can proc obj 2’s physical damage. Just be patient in those hallways and consider leaping through them.
Objectives: 1) Hit 15 different enemies with a single Furious Charge 6 times; and 2) Hit 15 enemies with a 3750% damage bonus spender.
- Diff rating: ⭐️ ⭐️
- illusory boots are a must here. You want to charge from one end of the pack to the other. Really easy.
- just keep charging and you will build up a lot of stacks. I think it’s like around 10 stack ish to reach the 3500% req. Then use 5 of each stacks for the ancient spear:boulder toss for the big mobs. Just keep charging the rest. I did this and had mostly like 20-30 stacks up all the time.
- the layout of this map is kind of annoying. You want to be mindful of not leaving some straggler mobs behind. If it wasn’t for this layout, this diff would be ⭐️.
- the extra adds from the exploding thicc bois do not count for final enemy count, so don’t bother killing them. (Only the ones with skull on minimal count)
- i did wear the fire prevention amulet, but honestly i don’t know if that was necessary.
Might of the Earth
Objectives: 1) Use Leap, Ground Stomp and then Earthquake in under 6 seconds on every Elite; and 2) Freeze and kill at least 1 enemy every 10 seconds for 1 minute.
- Diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- this is one of the hardest set dungeons I have run across. Both objectives are annoying and finicky. You really have to nerf your damage (200-300k) or you will very very easily one shot the elites. So I highly recommend mentally preparing for this, set aside time, be patient, and methodical. This set dungeon would be a lot better if the give you more time to do the combo and buff the elites’ health.
- the layout is (i’m pretty sure) not random. So do learn it. The mob spawns are somewhat randoms but only have 2-3 spawn points usually. The first elite spawn, however, seems to be almost always at the same place.
- the main trick is getting obj1 done and then trying to get obj2 done without ruining obj1. What i mean is, as you hunt for chaining those freeze kills, you may accidentally kill an elite without the combo.
- I opted for furious charge (i forget if i dropped ancient spear or battle rage), which i thought was really important in skipping areas with no mobs and for me to chain the mob freeze for obj 2.
- for obj 1: my rotation: leap, ground stomp, then earthquake. You really need to practice doing this fast. Also you have to be patient and be careful to not to leap too close to the elite for him to walk into your eq and die. This is the most annoying part of this set dungeon and have caused me to fail most of my runs. Also watch the minimap as he will move quickly towards you within his fairly wide aggro range.
- for obj 2: I think i got this done mostly in the second or third run of mobs (after killing the first elite). I honestly i don’t think there are lots of tips other than keep leaping and hope for the best. If you don’t get it for a while, don’t feel discouraged. The main thing is to do obj1 every time. I think eventually you will get obj2 if you are good with the leap.
- I think I also had frostburn in my cube, I don’t know if that helped with my chaining.
Objectives: 1) Kill every Elite while the 1500% damage bonus from the 6-piece bonus is active; and 2) Kill 150 enemies while imbued with the Wrath of the Berserker form.Загрузка...
- diff rating: ⭐️
- this seems to be the go to easy set dungeon everyone recommends. Yeah this one is easy. stack some CDR and kill everything.
- I complained about Earth being too hard, i think this one is too easy. The disparity is too jarring imo.
Objectives: 1) Unleash your Mystic Allies on 10 enemies within 10 yards 5 times; and 2) Do not get Frozen for the duration of the dungeon.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (most of the ⭐️ are for annoyance)
- disclaimer: I have the freeze prevention in Ice Climber which made obj 2 really trivial.
- key: have to nerf damage or your mystic ally will one shot them.
- this map is super annoying for a mob gathering obj
- I think I had a lot of success by peeking at a platform with lots of mobs (from minimap), then teleporting up to it (rather than going around), and quickly doing a cyclone strike + mystic ally. If you let them walk up to the mobs, they will kill a lot of them.
- big difference from icyveins guide: I think illusory boots really help me move past mobs in those narrow walkways to cyclone+mystic ally.
- IIRC this was actually the dungeon that gave me survivability issues. So use the defensive gems and dump them points into vitality.
Objectives: 1) Simultaneously explode 15 enemies marked with Exploding Palm 4 times; and 2) Take no Fire damage for the duration of the dungeon.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (might add 1-2 ⭐️ if you don’t have fire prevention)
- disclaimer: I have the fire prevention in The Star of Azkaranth which made obj 2 really trivial.
- this set dungeon is fairly straightforward.
- the biggest thing to note is I opted for Crippling Wave (bigger range rune) over Way of the Hundred Fists to apply Exploding Palm
- have to nerf damage, you don’t want to kill things before applying Exploding Palm and detonating them with 7SS
- wear illusory boots to move past mobs to help u gather
Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Objectives: 1) Reach the Golden chest at the end of the dungeon in under 2 minutes; and 2) Do not get hit by a single Succubus projectile.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- the main main main thing for this set dungeon is to get to the middle of the dungeon for the chest as quickly as you reasonably can. If you spend too long killing things, you will miss the timer in obj 1.
- like icyveins suggest, just backtrack and kill everything once you have the chest. The only tricky part for this set dungeon is it might get a bit confusing with all the turns and hallways so you might miss mobs. If not for that aspect, this would be a 1 ⭐️ diff.
- obj2… honestly I don’t even remember paying attention to it. Just dash and kill everything seems to work out fine.
Objectives: 1) Maintain Sweeping Wind Sweeping Wind for the duration of the dungeon; and 2) Use your decoys to hit 20 different enemies in 6 seconds.
- diff rating: ⭐️ ⭐️
- pretty straightforward…
- to be completely honest, I don’t even remember much about this dungeon. I think it’s because it’s fairly easy and I did it without wearing Kyoshiro's Soul which makes obj 1 trivial
Objectives: 1) Grip 150 enemies in the primary zone of Grasp of the Dead; and 2) Do not allow any enemies into melee range.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (most of the ⭐️ are for annoyance)
- obj 2 is really annoying especially as you try to finish obj 1.
- i think this is the rare set dungeon where I do have my follower (Templar) out
- other than obj 2, this is a straightforward enough set dungeon. As icyveins mentions, you don’t need to kill with Grasp of the Dead, just need to hit them with it.
Spirit of Arachyr
Objectives: 1) Lick 30 enemies with Hex Toad of Hugeness; and 2) Kill every elite while it is webbed by Spider Queen and being bitten by Piranhas.
- diff rating: ⭐️ ⭐️
- have to nerf damage otherwise you will one shot things
- cast the toad ahead of you so your spider queen doesn’t kill them. you can also make multiple of them
- remember that you can cast the spider queen at the feet of the elites
- obj 2 is pretty easy.
Objectives: 1) Soul Harvest Soul Harvest 15 enemies simultaneously 10 times; and 2) Kill 100 enemies afflicted by both Haunt Haunt and Locust Swarm Locust Swarm.
- diff rating: ⭐️ ⭐️
- illusory boots to help gather
- speed is king in this dungeon (hence Shukrani's Triumph)
Objectives: 1) Kill 20 enemies with a single Wall of Death Wall of Death 4 times; and 2) Do not take any Poison damage.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- easily hardest set dungeon for the WD (i guess it’s somewhat fair since the other ones are pretty easy)
- I will just quote icy veins here, “Helltooth is arguably the most annoying of the Witch Doctor set dungeons, as its success is influenced by factors outside of your control — namely, the way RNG distributes the monster packs (Set Dungeons' layout and composition is uniform, but monster placement is random).“ I think this RNGness is the worst of all the set dungeons for these four classes.
- and another quote from them, “As a rule of thumb, if you do not get 2 out of 4 20-man hits in the first third of the dungeon (the initial two wider caves), just restart the dungeon to avoid frustration.”
- I actually don’t remember if I wore Mara's Kaleidoscope for this because I did attempt this without.
- I also don’t remember much of this dungeon except it was incredibly annoying. So be prepared for that.
Objectives: 1) Kill 90 enemies while Tal Rasha is stacked 4 times; and 2) Do not get bitten by a Rockworm.
- diff rating: between ⭐️⭐️ and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- this set dungeon is the one that aggravates me the most because of the stupid rockworm, either not popping up quick enough or me missing it while killing packs. OR because while dodging/killing things, I miss some stray mobs somewhere. So two things can help here, watch the ground, u will have a bit of time to react if u see the ground swelling/cracking— teleport away. Also, watch the minimap, you will see the skull icon moving quickly around and yet you don’t see him in game.
- one note on obj1, once you have 4 stacks, you don’t need to spam all four elements to keep the stacks going; just spamming 2-3 abilities will do the trick.
- I use Etched Sigil to help me proc abilities.
- my abilities were, Blackhole Arcane, Fire Meteor, Lightning Electrocute, and Cold Ray of Frost. Also Lightning Storm Armor and Arcane Teleport (to be honest, I don’t think the calamity part of teleport was necessary). I was mostly spamming electrocute and ray of frost with the occasional blackhole thrown in.
- I think i had Aether Walker to allow me to keep teleporting
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
Objectives: 1) Reach 100 stacks while in Archon Archon form 3 times; and 2) Kill 300 enemies while in Archon Archon form.
- diff rating: ⭐️
- I already had a full Vyr set so this was incredibly easy. This might be harder if you don’t hav the gear/paragon to one shot things or if you don’t run the dungeon well to kill all mobs. But in terms of obj requirements and executions, I can’t think of an easier set dungeon (besides Barb’s IK).
Delsere's Magnum Opus
Objectives: 1) Simultaneously catch 20 different enemies in a cast of Slow Time 4 times; and 2) Reflect 200 projectiles.
- diff rating: between ⭐️ ⭐️ and ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- this is quite similar to the WD’s Helltooth set in terms of challenges for obj1. However, I do remember the RNG being more lenient here than Helltooth. (Also there’s no poison damage to dodge).
- just in case anyone is confused, you use slow time for the projectiles, and then use Wave of Force to reflect the projectiles.
- Aether Walker / Illusory Boots are quite useful here.
Objectives: 1) Ignite or kill 20 enemies within 3 seconds 6 times; and 2) Hit 50 different enemies with the Meteor that revives you.
- diff rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
- So IIRC, I did have Talisman of Aranoch to help me prevent cold dmg. If not, this might considerably raise the difficulty of this set dungeon.
- I basically adapt my fire hydra build for this and it worked well for obj1.
- Obj 2 is trickier because it requires you to be just tough enough to gather 20 mobs, but weak enough to be killed so you can proc the Firebird set piece meteor.
You have come to the end of the guide! FWIW I did it in the order of Wiz, WD, Monk, and Barb last. So if my memories are hazy (or I got things wrong) for Wiz/WD, this would be it. If anyone has other tips or recommendations, I would happily add to this. (Or even better if people want to contribute to adding tips for DH and Crusader) I hope this has been helpful!
Source: Original link
© Post "Just finished my set dungeons mastery! Here are some detailed tips and suggestions for season 20 set dungeons." for game Diablo 3.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.