After the last blog post, I was convinced that Rare and even Magic items could be an essential part of the gearing process in D4, which is a breath of fresh air since in D3 everything that's not a Set/Legendary item is junk. But what about white (Common) items? In D2 they had some value – Runewords or the Class specific items could roll with a number of good skill-up affixes. Looking at what Last Epoch has done to crafting, I came up with the following suggestion.
The idea behind crafted items in Diablo 4 is to allow the player some control over the gear he or she can acquire. Also it allows white items to still have a purpose in the game. Since all the drops are randomly generated a certain level of predictability could be used by new and veteran players alike to hit some of the stat thresholds within Diablo 4. But this should all come with a fair price, consisting of the right crafting components and a hefty sum of gold.
• Extract crating materials which are associated with a certain stat from magic, rare and legendary items. This process could be done via the Horradric Cube or a Crafting NPC.
• Upon extraction, the item is destroyed.
• Use a white item as your base.
• Crafted items come in 3 quality types – Normal, Elite, Exceptional.
• The quality of the craft determines the number of stat rolls and their possible ranges.
• One of the item bonuses is completely random. Normal crafted items allow you to select one predetermined stat, Elite – 2, Exceptional – 3.
• The extracted item bonuses are converted into essences – Lesser, Normal and Greater.
• Lesser Essence is extracted from Magic Items, Normal from Rare Items and Greater Essence from Legendary Items:
– The stats from Lesser Essences can roll between 30-50% of the stat capacity. For example: 30-50 Mana;
– The stats from Normal Essences can roll between 51-75% of the stat capacity. (51-75 Mana);
– The stats from Grater Essences can roll between 76-100% of the stat capacity. (76-100 Mana);
• You can only equip 3 crafted items at a time – 1 weapon and 2 armor pieces.
• Crafted items are soulbound and are named after the character who crafts them. (Suggestion: The materials however can be traded)
• Crafting plans are world drops. The Crafting NPC also needs to be the appropriate level required for the plans.
• Crafted items have purple text
Mock-up images attached.
Normal Crafted Item –
Elite Crafted Item –
Exceptional Crafted Item –
Edit: Updated some of the links
Source: Original link
© Post "White Items and Crafting in Diablo 4" for game Diablo 3.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.