So I propose we Bring Caravans to the Wasteland!
1: Improve Workshops
- Buff/Restore Extractors to pre-nerf capability…(store up to 20 extracted mats; applicable extractors always provide scrap, not ore)
- Allow players to Blueprint workshop builds with a simple “Apply Saved Build or Build New” option upon claiming a workshop
- Allow players to claim a workshop in the name of a particular faction and reward rep when the workshop is successfully defended
- Much like in Fo4, Caravan’s will have trade-routes that go from workshop to workshop…completing the route will mean the Caravan was successful
- Each Caravan will involve any two opposing factions…the faction leading the caravan will be hindered en-route by the opposite faction
- A Faction Caravan succeeds when it completes the route and raises its flag at each workshop along the way…a Faction Caravan fails if all its NPCs are killed (Caravan Master, Caravan Henchmen and Brahmin) and/or if it fails to raise its flag at any workshop along the route
- A special shout-out to user fightingnetentropy for the suggestions they made on this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/jvm23p/pretty_sure_it_wont_unbalance_the_game_if_beth/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf …they were very good improvements that really should be incorporated w/ or w/o the inclusion of a Caravan Event system…as you can see I listed them above
- It will be necessary to have “No-build-corridors” leading into and out of workshops so the Caravan can progress
- When Caravan Events are triggered at each workshop it will create a public event, each player who joins the event will be given the option of which Faction they choose to support and a warning that they are agreeing to open PvP while they’re participating (if the PvP option is enabled at the instigation of the Caravan)
- Individual Caravan Workshop Events will function in much the same way “Capture the Flag” elements work, the details of which I assume are familiar to most everyone
- Caravan NPCs will return to full health each time a workshop is captured
- Opposition NPCs will function much the way hoard events function and will spawn at workshops…as long as the “Alpha or Leader” is alive more Opposing NPCs will spawn to replace their fallen comrades
- NPCs will gain a % negitive incoming dmg buff relative to how many players are supporting the opposite faction
Those who’ve endured my infrequent pontifications will recognize this post as a simplified section of a post I made about many different ideas, pre-Wastelanders release.
As envisioned this proposed Caravan System will allow players the license to dip in and out as they wish, PvP will be enabled or disabled as an option when the Caravan is instigated by a player so it doesn’t have to be an integral part of the Caravan’s function.
The point is to have both individual events and one long event that encourage a lot of public participation, but is equally possible to be soloed if only one player is involved.
Rewards including faction rep and bullion are a must…wouldn’t it be nice to have a way to progress rep other than repeatable dailies?
If you’d like to see the original post this one was based on you can find it here:
Looking forward to hearing the ideas of other users on this sub!
Source: Original link
© Post "FO76 Needs A New Server Wide Event" for game Fallout.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.