There were a lot of threads about power armor, I know. Some people think that power armor is completely useless. Others, on the contrary, argue in favor of armor by listing its hidden bonuses:
- Immunity to damage to the limbs.
- Resistance to radiation and damage.
- The ability to breathe underwater.
- Ability to jump from any height.
I spent a little more than 500 hours in the game, and about 80% of this time I played in power armor. In my experience, I was convinced that power armor is ALMOST balanced, but still inferior to some sets of conventional armor. And it seems to me that this can be fixed and i have two suggestions.
Suggestion #1. Add more passive bonuses to all PA sets
1. Increase the carry weight for power armor by 100 or allow power pack backpack bonuses.
- Seriously, it looks silly and illogical that I can carry more loot without power armor than in it. Excavator power armor has a bonus to carry weight and this is great. Why not give this bonus to all sets?
2. Give immunity to diseases inside the power armor. Or at least 50% disease resistance.
- The logic works again – if power armor protects me from the effects of the environment and radiation, if I can breathe under water, then why the hell it can't protect me from infection after a radroach bite? I think the immunity to diseases inside the power armor would be a great addition to the current armor bonuses.
3. Add useful mods for power armor hands to the game.
- Those hand modifications that are now in the game are so useless that I have never used them for 500 hours in the game. The first thing that comes to mind is a modification that reduces the recoil of heavy weapons. Or increase reload speed of heavy weapons.
4. Allow wearing underarmor in PA.
- Because what the hell? Why can’t I get into the PA in the BOS underarmor, which is designed to wear in power armor?
5. Give resistance to poison for PA
- Look, I’m not asking you to make power armor users immortal tanks, but at least a little poison protection would be a great improvement for us.
Suggestion #2. Add 1* legendary bonuses to PA pieces
Here's an idea – to add the legendary 1 * pieces of armor to the game, which can be crafted using the legendary modules or received as a reward for the events (SBQ, Collosal Problem, Rad.Rumble, etc). Thus, in theory, we will be able to collect 6 pieces of a set of armor, with 6 legendary properties. And these properties can be partially taken from the first suggestion, and partially come up with new ones. These are the effects I would suggest:
- Heavy weapon reload speed +6% (48% in a full set)
- Increase in carry weight by 20 (120 in total)
- Poison Resistance +5% (30% in total)
- Increase in energy damage dealt by 3% (18% in total)
- Increase the damage of explosive heavy weapons by 15% (90% in total, this will make Fatboys and Rocket Launchers viable)
- Immunity to disease (one piece gives full immunity, so you can wear one antipoison piece and 5 others)
Of course i'm not game designer, but i think it will be really great if PA users got some love from Devs.
Source: Original link
© Post "How to make Power Armor better. Two suggestions." for game Fallout.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.