With the focus on the current Fasnacht event and having a little extra time, I decided to appease my inquisitive impulses and did a little googlemapping, comparing the 'real' Helvetia to it's Fallout representation. I always enjoyed seeing how places were examined then recreated to fit into a game. (Loved doing the same for NV)
So here is what I could dig up using mapping and a couple from images. Now of course google images can give you plenty of pics of each individual place but this is more of a layout diagram with a little detail work. Enjoy!
- Starting off is the 'main' intersection of the town. They included road signs that show the true names of each road.
- Not part of the parade route, but here is the Village Hall building. that is on the SE part of town.
- Here is what we know as Freyja's Haus but is really the Hütte Haus.
- Across the street is the 2-story house which looks very similar including the heart-punched privacy walls on the 2nd floor deck.
- The old fashioned split rail fence is even present that's along the road behind the previous house that leads upto the bridge.
- The bandstand is there but realistically much further off the road then in the game with a nice wide open field for festivities.
- Here's the main bridge of the town. You know, the one that takes the master of ceremonies forever to cross.
- Now the little walking bridge that the parade takes is really a road and actually starts on the west side of the river and crosses over a small stream that runs into it.
- Here is the town navigation pole portrayed fairly well actually that is near Freyja's Haus.
- The honey haus is on that side road as portrayed and is actually located to a like-minded inn which in game would be….
- …The big red house where the butcher protectron spawns.
- Further down the road lies the Cheese Haus which they did a great job of the front of the building.
- Following the parade route, you'd cross in front of the library, which per the map is the small square building, but that building is used in game for the historian and is located closer to the main road than it is realistically, and the bigger building is the library. (Look close and you'll see the steeple on the bigger building)
- Back to the main road, you'll walk into the general store, and even like the real life counterpart, has the outside shed and mini garage.
- Where the decorator is located is the small red building called the Star Band Hall.
- Finally the church, which is a presbyterian church sits quite a bit further off the road then represented.
Source: Original link
© Post "The “Real” Helvetia – A Fasnacht Inspired Comparison Tour" for game Fallout.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.