So, I stumbled upon this article from 5 years ago about a public poll asking users to vote for their preferred future Far Cry locations.
Here are the vote options and what's already been made about them in those five years :
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- Not sure about this one, but it reminds me of the survival vibe and setting of Far Cry 4's Valley of the Yetis DLC
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- Far Cry 5's Lost on Mars DLC
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- Far Cry 5's Hours of Darkness DLC
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Far Cry 5's Dead Living Zombies DLC
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- Far Cry New Dawn
So what we have left is :
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- Reminds me of the setting of another Ubisoft game I have not played, Ghost Recon Wildlands (drug cartel in Bolivia). Thus, i don't think there will be a new Far Cry game with this setting.
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- Feels like a perfect DLC experiment for the Far Cry 6 Season Pass.
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- I feel like it would be awesome. The Weird West is a setting full of potential, they could bring back something like the "mystical" part of Far Cry 3. But Far Cry 5 in itself felt like a modern day western to me, so I doubt this will be made as Far Cry 6's setting.
- Blood Dragon 2. A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- I'm one of those that didn't really like the whole aesthetic and atmosphere of Blood Dragon, and I don't feel like it can manage to stay fresh for a full 15 to 30 hours game.
- A Far Cry game in the present day, set in a Jurassic Park Style island of dinosaurs
- I feel like it could happen, but as one of those fun spin-offs like Primal and New Dawn. Maybe the next one after Far Cry 6.
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
- I don't think it will be made, it feels quite not good enough. The Shangri-La parts in Far Cry 4 were alright, but a full game set inside Shangri-La ? I don't think so.
And the survival option I wasn't sure about. I feel like it could be made, but maybe only as DLC or spin-off game.
So that was what I got from it. What are your thoughts on this list ?
Source: Original link
© Post "Far Cry 6 potential settings according to 5 years old survey" for game Far Cry 5.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.