Very simple suggestion, this will get rid of unnecessary waitings specially on certain missions as u/EversorA said, and for the case of quests objectives like kill 300 husks and so, just do that the quest counters related with killing, installing, discover, anything, isn't resetted when we hit the Leave button, so at the same time everyone may first focus on the mission objective, and then, on their own quests and loot, or just fool around or chat with the random mates.
Missions are mainly for clear objectives, the farming can be perfectly done at the end of the mission regardless of success or failure.
No one can join to ended public matches unless is a friend.
Quests would only kept prior Team Score screen if you contributed enough on the objective of the mission. This measure should be added as an additional antiAFK/Leech feature with an algorimth that measures mainly the time passed between killing enemies that spawns for kill the objective, meaning for example that kill/damage 3/30 husks every minute would perfectly count as a non-contributing person, thus quest progression being reverted (this algorimth among with other things will be also suggested for another new feature involved with Mission Rewards, keep in mind that this approximation is just an example, devs would work better on that algorimth than me).
From here, you really don't need to read anything more of this post if you don't want to.
EDIT 2: Trying to be more clear. The point of this suggestion is REMOVE all the non-needed waiting times on missions such as Retrieve the Data, Rescue the Survivor, Build the radar, etc, and After the objective mission is done, INMEDIATELLY show the result screen, give the chest, and then, give you the choice of RETURN or STAY, so both parties, those who wants more time to loot or do their own quests, and those who wants to rush, gains. Chest will be opened when returning to homebase also by Leaving the Match as usual. No need to private match always.
Also, game has its own Days, Epic Games can do that after 7 days which is about 1:30 real time hours if I remember well, a 5-minutes countdown will be shown informing that you will forcefully return to homebase after those five minutes, and will start sounding every second at the last 60 seconds to make you remember that the match is about to end. This time limit is to keep server stability.
EDIT 3: Ugh… due the edits the post is now bigger….
Reason of this suggestion is due the current issues:
- Unnecessary waiting times for people that only wants rush
- quests only counts if you SUCCESFULLY done the objective of the mission, but if you fail the quest is resetted back from when the counter was, even if you killed 230 out of 300 husks in the same mission. This is because the quest progression is only saved after a SUCESSFUL MISSION.
- sunbeam crystals and other useful items being swallowed by the game right when the mission ended
- people running around without helping the team because they're looking for clear their quests which happens specially with certain daily quests.
- There are a lot of bad things happening right now which really have an absolute simple solution, and the solution is… well, I've already said it.
Source: Original link
© Post "Allow us to stay in the map after Team Score screen by adding a new button near “Return to Homebase” called “Continue exploring”, so we can continue looting or doing quests (no quest counter reset) if we want to." for game Fortnite.