Deadly Blade, Best in Slot vs Elemental Husk using Heavy Swords
Welcome to the latest review on just how badly the melee heroes got screwed by the crit changes. Today we'll be looking at the Heavy Swords against Elemental (Fire, Nature, Water) type husks for top dps (will be ignoring top damage per hit to save space).
In case you're wondering, the Pressure Cutter, Husk Cleaver and Dragon's Tooth swords are all more or less exactly the same (stat wise) it's just that the Pressure Cutter has more impact (being a Hydraulic event weapon). If a dev bothers to read this they'll probably nerf the sword as melee apparently can't have nice things these days.
Sword 'templates' can either have 10% crit chance, or 15% crit chance. The heavy swords types (like the Pressure Cutter) have 15%. I'll come back to this later.
For the purposes of this scenario
- Target is an elemental husk (tanky, like a mini-boss)
- Debil shots will be applied in varying amounts (0%, 15%, 27%, 45%)
- Conditionals have 100% up-time
- Crystal Verion of Weapon will be used
- Brawler, Swordmaster and Deadly Blade/Harvester will be rotated through the support slots.
- Element type is whatever element (Fire, Nature, Water) that would be best
- Unlisted perks fundamentally make no signficant difference (player choice)
A heavy sword template will be used (crystal)
- The basic damage on a heavy sword is 51
- The crystal version 61.2
- The crystal version performs roughly 1.542843316… attacks per second.
|Support||Debil Shots||DPS Total||CB DPS||CB DPS%||CB Drop off Chance %||Full Attacks in 3 seconds||Average Dmg/Hit||Crit Chance||Weapon Perks|
|70% Crit Damage||45%||896.357||179.692||20.047||9.151||4||464.51||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|24% Damage||45%||888.376||173.477||19.527||9.151||4||463.365||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|18 Crit Rating||45%||855.339||154.022||18.007||4.88||4||454.562||53||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|70% Crit Damage||27%||765.548||137.848||18.006||9.151||4||406.846||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|24% Damage||27%||759.233||133.08||17.528||9.151||4||405.844||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|18 Crit Rating||27%||732.413||118.155||16.132||4.88||4||398.133||53||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|70% Crit Damage||15%||681.418||113.029||16.587||9.151||4||368.404||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|24% Damage||15%||676.108||109.119||16.139||9.151||4||367.496||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|18 Crit Rating||15%||653.099||96.882||14.834||4.88||4||360.515||53||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|70% Crit Damage||0%||579.718||85.466||14.743||9.151||4||320.351||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|24% Damage||0%||575.544||82.51||14.336||9.151||4||319.562||45||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
|18 Crit Rating||0%||556.924||73.256||13.154||4.88||4||313.491||53||(1x) 45% Dmg to Conditional, (2x) 135% Crit Dmg|
- Best-in-Slot perks do not change, even if you alter the support squad hero or the strength of vulnerabilities like debilitating shots
- At 0% debil shots, the best squad support slot provides about 4.1% more dps than the worst
- At 45% debil shots, the best squad support slot provides about 4.8% more dps than the worst
- By not using the 18 crit rating support slot, your 'risk' of losing Corrosive Blade (and subsequently the accompanying DPS) nearly doubles (1.8 times more risk).
I need to point out that prior to patch 4.2, the 'best in slot' combination provided roughly 40% more dps, so it's a massive nerf as far as performance is concerned.
Everyone is probably aware that weapon crit chance is added to whatever the crit chance value is derived from crit rating. We we remove the 15% crit chance from weapon
- DB + Anatomy Lessons = 18+15+18 = 51 Crit Rating = 38% Critical Hit Chance
- DB + Other Combos = 18+15 = 33 Crit Rating = 30% Crit chance
If you were to try and get that critical hit chance from crit rating
- DB + Anatomy Lessons: Requires 120-51 = 69 crit rating
- DB + Other Combos = 74-33 = 41 crit rating
The highest crit-rating you can get on a weapon perk in a single slot is 30 so you can see how valuable that base-weapon critical hit chance actually is.
- Deadly Blade (like Harvester) pre 4.2 with best-in-slot combinations did about 40% more dps
- Best in Slot Perks vs Element will always be same, regardless of Support Slot or strength of vulnerablity debuffs
- Pressure Cutter is the absolute best-in-slot sword in the game right now (because of the bonus impact)
Since someone is probably wondering, the 30% Snare and 40% Impact +1sec stun are both better than Affliction for the maximum level perk slot on weapon. The 'DPS gain' from affliction is completely trivial compared to the utility and opportunity value afforded by the other 2 mentioned perks. Corrosive Blade itself counts for afflicted and snared status conditions so you don't have to worry about that for conditional perks and the 30% snare weapon perk will stack with Corrosive Blade snare.
© Post "[Education] Post 4.2, Deadly Blade, Best in Slot Perks and Support Slot vs Elemental Husk using Heavy Swords" for game Fortnite.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!