I have been attempting to link my Fortnite (XBL, Nintendo, and Epic Games) account page now for almost 2 weeks. After 12 emails back and forth with Epics Games support, I finally got an answer that works. I wanted to post it here as I have not seen it posted anywhere else on the internet, let alone here…. No need to upvote, just want a record in case anyone else needs this in the future!
tl;dr How to fix "Sorry your xbl account has already been associated with another Epic Games account" error:
Upon checking of all the information that you have your Xbox account "XXXXXXXXXX" was also connected to a "nameless account"
They are created when you are asked if you want to create an Epic account upon starting on your console and you elect not to do so. This results in a “headless” Epic account created on our end so that all your progress and saved data could be stored successfully, as this data is stored in Epic accounts and not the console ones.
It is an Epic account has no email address or display name of its own, and it needs to be promoted (you need to "give" it a name and email) for the console account to be disconnected so we can connect it on your Epic account where your Nintendo connected.
So, here's what you need to do, step-by-step:
I. Account Promotion:
- Navigate to the Fortnite page on our website. ( https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/ )
- Click the login icon (silhouette) in the top-right corner of the page.
- A prompt will pop up and ask "Do you already play Fortnite?" — Click "Yes"
- Another prompt will pop up and show available platforms, — Click the icon corresponding to the console you use.
- A new window will open up, asking you to login with your console account login credentials.
Once you log in, it will ask you to create a new Epic account; this is actually just to get proper login credentials and personal information on your existing "nameless" account.
Please note that once prompted to create a new Epic account, you will need to use an email address that is *not* in use on another Epic account in order to complete this process successfully. Also, please use an email that is valid, and accessible on your behalf.
You may use any valid email address you own to register your 'nameless' account, as long as it is not currently associated with another Epic account. You do not need to use the email address associated with your console account.
II. Disconnecting your console account from your newly promoted Epic account:
- Visit your Connected Accounts (https://www.epicgames.com/account/connected) page and log in to the promoted account.
- Click the DISCONNECT button below the external (console) account in question.
- Log out of the account.
III. Connecting your console account to your main Epic Games account:
- Visit your Connected Accounts (https://www.epicgames.com/account/connected) page, this time logging in to your main Epic Games account.
- Click the CONNECT button below the external (console) account in question and enter your console account login credentials again.
And after that last step, your console account will be connected to your main Epic account.
Source: Original link
© Post "How to fix a “Headless” Fortnite/Epic Games account" for game Fortnite.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.