Hello there! R.O.S.I.E. is one of the most awesome skills in the game, however many of us thinks that it is a "trash machine" due three major issues:
- The Highest, and too long cooldown in the game, which is triggered when the machine is broken or used all its ammo rather than when you placed it.
- Incredible fall damage (the farther the target is, the less damage you do) for a machine which is firing heavily against husks.
- Magic Lobber instabreaking its floor triggering the three minutes cooldown without even had mount on it :'(
Don't really mind the overheat mechanism, which can be used as excuse to further improve R.O.S.I.E. (read point 3 of list below!).
What I thought to improve this awesome piece of war engineering is:
- Cooldown is triggered right when you place R.O.S.I.E., and cooldown time is changed to two minutes, if R.O.S.I.E. is still there once the cooldown is gone, by using the ability again you may recharge it and fully heal it if you're mounted on it, or you may place it again similar to B.A.S.E. and the old R.O.S.I.E. will be removed.
- R.O.S.I.E. starts having fall damage at 10 tiles away, because well, it's a heavy weapon machine, isn't it?
- Every shot of R.O.S.I.E. increases its impact by x% before it overheats, which is also decreased while it's cooling (if you stop shooting, the impact accumulation gradually decreases), additionally the last "x" bullets before trigger the overheat are able to pierce shield balls and fridge doors similar to Obliterator (but not environment such as shooting through mountains!), so if you achieve the domination of R.O.S.I.E overheat, you would be able to pierce all monsters defenses without hassle. Of course, once overheats, all the bonus is completely lost, so be careful!
- In addition, an overheat bar is added to help you control better this mechanism.
- In the case of Drake's R.O.S.I.E., since it doesn't have overheat mechanism (as far I know), the impact and pierce effect isn't increased on every shot, but provided instantly at its maximum value (which impact multiplier can be different for this particular perk).
- And most important… R.O.S.I.E. has its own floor which health is exactly the same as its own (not sure if R.O.S.I.E. itself has health, but if it doesn't, add one to it), so you may mount R.O.S.I.E. directly on any place where a floor can be built, also, if you attempt to place R.O.S.I.E. either on a player or environment floor, that piece is replaced by R.O.S.I.E.'s own floor, so you won't face again the "insta-break" by a Lobber attack, which is HIGHLY frustrating.
- Also, the owner of R.O.S.I.E. can remove any player from it's own machine just by hitting the mount key/button near it, no more machine thefts!
- And in the future, bring permissions similar to homebase ones but for grant access to recycle or R.O.S.I.E., which memorizes permissions granted to each person, and have also the quick permission options of "Only me, Friends, Everyone" to don't have to provide permissions individually on every match.
That's everything what I've thought to improve this underrated, currently not enough sharperned constructor ability, and I really think that it won't be OP at all, you must keep always in mind that storm direction may change, depending on where you place it you won't reach certain husks with it* (unless you master the overheat), you're very vulnerable by ranged attacks even with the pierce effect specially on Group Missions, and due having it's own health, it can break before have used all its ammo (propane tanks and Lobbers will be your major nightmare).
Do you have any suggestion or alternative?
Please comment! Don't forget to always be constructive even with your negativest feedback!
This post is subject to change depending of the feedbacks received.*
I have a very small suggestion to sightly improve Goin' Commando and Lefty and Righty, stay tuned!
Source: Original link
© Post "How to improve R.O.S.I.E. cooldown, overheat mechanism and damage in long distance (QoL Change)." for game Fortnite.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.