Over the course of the last few months, the problem of players "leeching" and "taxi-ing" has become unbearable. Low PL players are joining high PL missions making them undo-able. I believe this solution will stop low PL players joining high PL missions through taxis, etc. and it works with just a few simple restrictions.
- Players cannot join public missions on a map they have not unlocked, for example:
- If you are completing the Stonewood quest-line, you cannot join missions in Plankerton, Canny Valley or Twine Peaks
- Players can still join missions in other maps if it is a private game/party
- Restrictions on which missions you can join will be based on the current map and Pl you are, for example:
- In Stonewood, you cannot join missions 2 zones higher than your current PL zone, therefor a PL1 – PL5 player would be able to join PL5 and PL9 missions but not PL15 and PL19 missions
- In Plankerton, you cannot join missions 3 zones higher than your current PL zone, therefor a PL15 – PL19 player would be able to join PL19, PL23 and PL28 missions but not PL34, PL40 and PL46 missions
- In Canny Valley, you cannot join missions 3 zones higher than your current PL zone, therefor a PL40 – PL46 player would be able to join PL46, PL52 and PL58 missions but not PL64 and PL70 missions
- In Twine Peaks, you cannot join missions 4 zones higher than your current PL zone, therefor a PL70 – PL76 player would be able to join PL76, PL82, PL88, PL94 missions but not PL100 missions
- Players can join any PL mission if it is a private game/party
- In order to unlock the next map, you must be atleast 2 PL zones below the minimum PL zone for that map, for example:
- To unlock Plankerton, you must be at least PL9 since the minimum PL zone is PL19
- To unlock Canny Valley, you must be at least PL34 since the minimum PL zone is PL46
- To unlock Twine Peaks, you must be at least PL64 since the minimum PL zone is PL76
- The same rules apply to Storm Shield Defence missions unless the player is directly invited by the owner
- If a player is taxi'd into a high PL private mission, that mission is now locked as private permanently. Therefor, even if the high PL player leaves, the mission privacy setting cannot be adjusted.
This solution would ultimately mean that players are limited to their current map and PL (similar to how a traditional campaign with mission select would work) preventing leeching and taxi-ing within public games but would still allow players to farm and trade with friends in high PL missions in private games.
It would also place lite restrictions on progression to each map. For example to unlock Canny Valley, you must be at least PL34, this means players cannot simply rush through the quest line but the restriction is not harsh enough that it would affect well-meaning players.
I also believe this would not restrict high PL players. This solution would mean that they may not be able to play some of the higher PL missions on their current map but I personally believe that to be a good thing, it reinstates the feeling of progress this game is supposed to instil on its players.
© Post "How to prevent low PL players joining high PL missions" for game Fortnite.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.