I know this topic has been beat to death, but I'm hoping to provide a thought out post that doesn't get deleted or buried. If you agree with me please upvote for visibility. Also, please add any reasons I missed.
I'm a casual player. I have 5 or 6 solo wins to my name. I'm never going to be ninja or myth. I gave up on that long ago. I'm a casual player.
**For casuals, Team Rumble is our primary "competitive" game mode.** I know that seems counter intuitive, but it's not. Here are a few reasons why and how.
1) Team Rumble has it's own set of strategies that are completely unique to it. It's fun to master it given the rules of the game.
2) Even though winning isn't as satisfying as a solo win, it's still satisfying. I love trying to help my team win. Squeaking out that last kill or two toward the end of a close game. Playing safer toward the end, not to waste a death.
3) I can set my own personal goals. I love to challenge myself to have as high a kdr as possible. To get as many kills as I can while dying as few times as possible. My personal best is 25 kills, while not amazing – it's still awesome for me. I'm shooting for 26 (no pun intended).
Beyond the competitive parts, here's are a few reason it appeals to me as a casual:
1) I have two sons, 12 and 8. They're not very good. This is a game mode we can play together and I don't have to worry about them dying. I can come to their aid if need be. In short, it's a game mode we can play together without stressing.
2) I personally don't like the high stress environment of solo/duos/squads. I like to chill, know I can die, and just try again.
3) It's fun to do things and try things you can't do in a competitive match. Want to try a new weapon you at? Team Rumble is for you. Try it in solos, you die, and have to queue up again all over.
Some might say: But can't you just do all that in Food Fight or whatever new mode replaces Team Rumble? That answer is "kind of." You can do much of the same in these modes… but not really. Because you're getting used to new rules, the comfort level is gone. The familiarity is gone.
**When you remove Team Rumble from casuals, it's like removing solos/duos/squads for the competitive player.**
Please make Team Rumble permanent. I'll try your food fight modes and whatever else every now and again. But give me the option to always have Team Rumble available. Thanks for reading.
TLDR: For casuals, Team Rumble is our go-to game mode.
Source: Original link
© Post "Why Team Rumble Needs to Be Permanent: A reasoned argument" for game Fortnite.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!