So I started playing Hearthstone again after some time out. I am currently playing a pirate rogue, I really like the gameplay but I am having trouble against what I would call "sit and wait" control decks. That is:
– Big spell mage: wait, control, and then play big ass shit you can't get rid of;
– Resurrect priest: wait, control, heal from 5 to 30 HP twice a game, play some spell summoning Malygos/Velenn, resurrect, resurrect, resurrect x4 and one shot the opponent somehow;
– Deathrattle heal priest: play quest legendary card, wait, control, play Amara to get to 40 HP, copy her, control, play her again, copy her, etc.
– Full spell hunter: wait, control (lol), play Rexxar, control, play Zul'Jin, profit of 20 spells casting for free;
– etc etc.
So basically, all these decks rely on controlling the board and afterwards on some one shoting-ish mechanics. It feels like I can't do anything to win games against these decks unless the opponent gets some really bad draws. The only thing I can do is play minions and see them die instantly, while waiting for an assured OTK or at least some card I won't be able to handle without losing the game. Feels really frustrating.
However, I know that pirate rogue is quite good, so I might be doing something wrong. My deck list is as follows:
2x Deadly Poison
2x Southsea Deckhand
2x Bloodsail Howler
2x Bloodsail Raider
2x Sharklin Fan
1x Edwin VanCleef
2x Hench-Clan Thug
2x Raiding Party
1x Sonya Shadowdancer
2x Southsea Captain
2x Ticket Scalper
1x Captain Greenskin
1x Vilespine Slayer
1x Cannon Barrage
1x Black Knight
1x Captain Hooktusk
Some cards you might be wondering why I added them in the decklist:
– Sonya: I like her synergy with Bloodsail Howler to get rid of powerful boards. Same with Vilespine, Black Knight, Deckhand, etc. However, I might take her out since the decks I'm having trouble against basically never play minions on the board, somehow…
– Edwin: Well I always liked that card. It can be very handy early game, but it can also be useless as hell late game. Might take it out as well at some point, because it actually feels underwhelming.
– Black Knight: This one helps me get rid of some powerful provoke minions like Obsidian Statue. It feels great in the current META.
I guess the rest of the deck should be "classic" enough. There's just one other card that I am thinking of removing: Cannon Barrage. Like seriously, it deserves no purpose most of the time. It stays in my hand, or only deals 6 damage which is pretty bad for 6 mana considering it hits random targets for 3 and 3. This is especially true against the aforementioned decks, which actually clean the board constantly.
So… Do you guys have any advices on how to play against these decks? Or any suggestions considering my decklist? I will be really grateful to anyone trying to help!
Have a nice day,
Source: Original link
© Post "Help improving in the current META" for game HearthStone.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.