Since the new expansion is coming up and they may be bringing back themes and mechanics from old expansions, I decided to go through and list all of the mechanics introduced in each expansion.
I’ve listed all of the cards each mechanic got to give an idea how well it was explored. I also added in italics any cards added from later expansions that fit the mechanic. I did not do this for mechanics which became commonly used, such as Rush, Dragon Synergy, Discover, etc. I am certain I have forgotten many cards, so feel free to comment so I can edit them in.
Goblins Vs Gnomes:
- Spare Parts: Many
- When Your Opponent Casts a Spell: Stonesplinter Trogg, Burly Rockjaw Trogg, Troggzor the Earthinator, Trade Prince Gallywix, Burgly Bully
- Chance to miss target: Mogor the Ogre, Ogre Brute, Ogre Warmaul, Dunemaul Shaman, Ogre Ninja, Mogor’s Champion, Mosh’Ogg Announcer
- Costs 1 less for each minion that died this turn: Volcanic Drake, Dragon’s Breath, Solemn Vigil, Volcanic Lumberer.
- If your hand is empty (hunter): Quick Shot, Core Rager, Brave Archer
- If you’re holding a dragon: Twilight Whelp, Rend Blackhand, Blackwing Corruptor, Blackwing Technician, many have been added later
The Grand Tournament:
- Joust: Gadgetzan Jouster, Armored Warhorse, Master Jouster, The Skeleton Knight, King’s Elekk, Tuskarr Jouster, Raven Familiar
- Inspire: Many, only in this set
League of Explorers:
- Discover: many, and more added in each subsequent set
- If your deck has no duplicates: Reno Jackson, Kazakus
Whispers of the Old Gods:
- C’thun: Beckoner of Evil, Twilight Geomancer, Twilight Elder, C’Hhun’s Chosen, Disciple of C’Thun, Skeram Cultist, Doomcaller, Crazed Worshipper, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, C’Thun, Dark Arakkoa, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Ancient Shieldbearer.
- Forbidden: Forbidden Ancient, Forbidden Shaping, Forbidden Flame, Forbidden Ritual.
One Night in Karazhan
- Start of Game: Prince Malchezaar, Baku, Genn
Mean Streets of Gadgetzan:
- Tri-class Cards: Grimstreet Smuggler, Grimestreet Informant, Don Han’Cho, Jade Spirit, Lotus Agents, Aya Blackpaw, Kabal Chemist, Kabal Courier, Kazakus.
- Jades: Jade Spirit, Aya Blackpaw, Jade Claws, Jade Lightning, Jade Shuriken, Jade Swarmer, Jade Idol, Jade Behemoth, Jade Blossom, Jade Chieften.
- Handbuff: Smuggler’s Crate, Shaky Zipgunner, Trogg Beastrager, Smuggler’s Run, Grimscale Chum, Grimstreet Outfitter, Grimestreet Enforcer, Grimy Gadgeteer, Stolen Goods, Grimstreet Pawnbroker, Brass Knuckles, Hobart Grapplehammer, Grimestreet Smuggler, Don Han’Cho, Deathaxe Punisher, Glowstone Technician, Arena Fanatic.
Journey to Ungoro:
- Has +atk on your opponents turn: Tar Creeper, Tar Lurker, Tar Lord.
- Adapt: Pterrodax Hatchling, Thunder Lizard, Vicious Fledgling, Volcanosaur, Gentle Megasaur, Verdant Longneck, Elder Longneck, Evolving Spores, Crackling Razormaw, Lightfused Stegodon, The Last Kaleidosaur (Galvadon), Adaptation, Ravenous Pterrodax, Ornery Direhorn.
- If you played an Elemental last turn: Thunder Lizard, Tol’vir Stoneshaper, Servant of Kalimos, Blazecaller, Ozruk, Steam Surger, Stone Sentinel, Kalimos, more added later
- Quests: One for each class
Knights of the Frozen Throne:
- Hero Cards: One for each class, Hagatha, Dr. Boom, Zul’jin
- Deathrattle: if it’s your opponents turn: Vryghoul, Skelemancer, Arrogant Crusader, Mountainfire Armor
- Choose an effect (Secretly): Fatespinner
Kobolds and Catacombs:
- Unidentified: Unidentified Shield, Unidentified Elixir, Unidentified Maul.
- Spellstones: One for each class
- Recruit: Guild Recruiter, Silver Vanguard, Dragonhatcher, Master Oakheart, Grizzled Guardian, Kathrena Winterwisp, Call to Arms, Posessed Lackey, Gather Your Party, Woecleaver, Oaken Summons
- All Class Weapons: One for each class
- Rush: many
- Odd/Even: Genn, Baku, Black Cat, Glittermoth, Gloom Stag, Murkspark Eel
- Echo: Walnut Spirte, Phantom Militia, Hunting Mastiff, Sound the Bells!, Squashling, Cheap Shot, Pick Pocket, Face Collector, Ghost Light Angler, Curse of Weakness, Glinda Crowskin, Warpath.
- Magnetic: Skaterbot, Bronze Gatekeeper, Wargear, Replicating Menace, Missile Launcher, Zilliax, Venomizer, Spider Bomb, Glow-Tron, Annoy-o-Module, Beryllium Nullifier
- Omega: Omega Defender, Omega Agent, Omega Assembly, Omega Mind, Omega Medic
- Legendary Spells: One for each class
- Overkill: Gurubashi Chicken, Half-Time Scavenger, Ticket Scalper, Sightless Ranger, Arena Patron, Linecracker, Ironhide Direhorn, Oondasta, Baited Arrow, Blast Wave, Akali the Rhino.
Source: Original link
© Post "List of Mechanics in each Set" for game HearthStone.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.