It is interesting that only 5 of Hearthstone's 14 adventures & expansions have introduced a new mechanic that returned in a later set.
- Blackrock Mountain introduced the keyphrase "If you're holding a dragon".
- The League of Explorers introduced the keyword Discover, and introduced the "no duplicate" decks that would return in the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.
- Journey to Un'Goro introduced the keyphrase "If you played an Elemental last turn".
- Knights of the Frozen Throne introduced hero cards and the new keyword Lifesteal.
- The Witchwood introduced the new keyword Rush
Honorable mentions for gimmicks of the past:
- Quests in Journey to Un'Goro and the Inventions in the The Boomsday Project, which both technically laud the honor of "first legendary collectible spells".
- Legendary weapons in Kobolds and Catacombs.
- Inspire from The Grand Tournament (RIP, we miss you)
- "Give your C'Thun +X/+X (wherever it is)" from Whispers of the Old Gods and its older brother the jade mechanic from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.
© Post "Significant Hearthstone Expansions" for game HearthStone.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.