Welcome to the Weekly Hero Discussion where we feature a rotating hero discussion every week. This week we feature Maiev who recently was classified as a Melee Assassin in the new
Maiev The Warden
- HoTS Birthday & Cost
(Link): February 6, 2018 & 750 Gems / 10000 Gold
- Maiev Wiki Entries Wikia (Link) Gamepedia (Link) Liquipedia (Link) Nexus Compendium(Link)
- Balance History (Link)
- List of Pro Builds (Link)
- List of Recent Streamer Builds (Link)
- Hero Spotlight
- Why the Pros Play Maiev w/NotParadox
- Maiev Analysis w/Wingsaber Basics: Tips & Tricks
Containment Disk Build
- Grandmaster Coaching Diamond Maiev w/Raevar
- Maiev Tank – Double Healer w/Fan
Maiev was introduced to the Nexus in the Winter of 2018 and quickly rose in popularity in both the HGC and HotS Ladder due to being over tuned. Since then Maiev has received several balance changes to bring the hero damage and mitigation in line with other Melee Assassins. Maiev's current win rate on the HotS ladder based on Heroes Profile (Link) and HotsLogs (Link) is about 54% with a popularity around 16%.
- Maiev is classified as Hard difficulty to play, do you agree?
- What strengths and weaknesses do you consider when choosing Maiev in ranked and unranked matches?
- When do you prioritize drafting Maiev and on what maps?
- What heroes do you draft to counter a Maiev pick?
- Are there any particular hero synergies to complement a Maiev pick?
- Is Maiev an early, mid or late-game hero, and where are the significant power spikes"
- Is there a particular build you would recommend to someone wanting to learn the basics of Maiev?
- Is there a high skill cap build you favor to optimize Maiev's performance and create flashy plays?
- Do you have any tips or tricks for positioning Maiev in team fights and on rotations?
- Which of Maiev's heroics do you favor?
- Do you use the "On Release" keybind feature for any of Maiev's abilities, if so which ones?
- Do you think Maiev is balanced; if not, what abilities or talents should be reworked?
Previous Hero Discussions (Link)
The sidebar for Heroesofthestorm/ is updated to include the Hero Discussions wiki.
Please Upload Your Replays to HotsAPI.net & HotsLogs.com
Uploading your replays to these sites provides better data for the HotS community to analyze and learn from. Stats of the Storm (Link) is a utility that works for both PC and Mac that allows you to view replay stats locally on your computer and automate uploading replays to both HotsAPI and HotsLogs.
Source: Original link
© Post "Hero Discussion: Maiev" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.