With the recent scramble by Valve and Riot to make their versions of Autochess, I thought it would be awesome if Blizzard made their own. For anyone who hasn't played an Autochess game before, here's a quick rundown of the mechanics.
So in an effort to avoid having Blizzard be too late to another genre, I decided to put out some ideas of my own that use the differences of HotS to its advantage.
- No items
- Upgrading a unit lets you choose 1 talent out of a random selection of 3 (some units may have more than 3 talents)
- Talents can significantly change a unit's abilities, give them passive abilities, or even change their race or class.
Demon – Immortal
Automatically revives (with 100% HP, 0% mana, and refreshed cooldowns) 15 seconds after dying if any allies are still alive
Elemental – Primal Energy
Moves to a random square on the board every 5 seconds
Elf – Ancient Magic
3 – Attacks increase the damage targets take by 4%. Stacks up to 40%. Lasts 5 seconds
Human – Every Man For Himself
2 – Ignores the 1st stun of the round
Orc – Enrage
3 – Attack Speed increased by 35% while below 50% HP
Protoss – Bound by Honor
3 – 30% of damage taken is split among all other friendly Protoss
Zerg – Creep
1 – Generates creep under this unit or in an adjacent square every 3 seconds while standing still. Allied units standing in creep regenerate 30 health per second.
3 – Creep is generated every 2 seconds instead.
Assassin – Surprise Attack
Assassins jump to the enemy backline
Assassins have 15% chance per friendly Assassin to deal double damage
Druid – Nature’s Toxin
Attacks inflict a stacking poison to all enemies hit. Lasts 5 seconds.
Mage – Ancient Knowledge
2 – Mage cooldowns reduced by 20%. 4 – Mage cooldowns reduced by 50%.
Shaman – Ancestral Might
2 – Shaman abilities have their durations increased by 50% 4 – Shaman abilities have their durations increased by 100%
Specialist – Tactics
2 – All specialists gain 10 mana per second
Warrior – Second Wind
3 – Regenerate 2% of maximum life per second while below 50% HP
Protoss Mage – 3 Cost
Discord Strike – 8 second CD
- Damages and Silences enemies for 3 seconds in a 3 square line in front of Alarak and 1 square diagonal in each direction in front of him.
- Discord Strike cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds.
- 30% chance to retaliate with lightning against a ranged attack, also dealing damage to all enemies between Alarak and the target and healing for 50% of the damage dealt.
- Alarak’s damage is increased by 10% each time an enemy hero dies this round.
- Replaces Discord Strike with Counter-Strike.
- Counter-Strike – 15 second CD: Alarak becomes invulnerable for 2 seconds before dealing high damage to enemies in a 3-square-width line in front of him.
Protoss Warrior – 1 Cost
Shield Overload – 8 second CD
- Gain a temporary shield.
- Attacks reduce the cooldown of Shield Overload by 0.25 seconds.
- 50% chance when attacking to hit an additional time.
- Switches places with the first enemy hit and gains 50 mana.
- Enemies in a 3×3 square around Artanis take damage while Shield Overload is active.
Demon Specialist – 3 Cost
Summon Demon Warrior – 5 second CD
- Summons a demon warrior to attack enemies.
- Attacks become a beam which deals more damage the longer it stays on an enemy.
- Summons 2 Demon Warriors but cooldown is increased to 8 seconds.
- Gain the Mage Class
- Every third Demon Warrior summoned becomes a Demon Lieutenant, with double the stats.
Demon Warrior – 4 Cost
Lightning Breath – 20 second CD
- Channels a wide cone of lightning at a target, dealing damage to all enemies hit.
- On death, summons a demonic rune under every enemy’s current square, which explodes after 2 seconds, dealing damage and stunning enemies.
- 30% chance on hit to create an expanding fire nova which deals damage.
- 20% chance on hit to flip an adjacent enemy to a square behind Diablo.
- Attacks deal an additional 5% of the target’s HP on hit.
Orc Warrior – 2 Cost
Decimate – 4 second CD
- Deals damage in a 3×3 area around Garrosh.
- Gain 1% damage reduction per 3% missing health.
- 30% chance on hit to heal for 5% of HP.
- Decimate reduces damage dealt by enemies hit by 20% for 2 seconds.
- 25% chance on hit to stun an enemy 2 squares in front of Garrosh for 2 seconds.
Elf Assassin – 3 Cost
Metamorphosis – 60 second CD
- Disappears for 1 second, transforming into Demon Form and healing for 10% HP for each enemy unit in a 5×5 square around him. Demon Form grants 50% attack speed.
- 25% chance to evade when attacked
- Gain the Demon Race
- Attacks heal Illidan for 25% of damage dealt
- 20% chance on hit to deal 100% bonus damage to the target and flip to a square on the other side of it if available
Elf Mage – 1 Cost
Flamestrike – 12 second CD
- Deals heavy damage in 2×2 area after 1 second.
- Flamestrike area increased to 3×3
- 30% chance on hit to put a living bomb on the target, which explodes to deal damage after 3 seconds.
- Consumes mana to reduce damage taken while Flamestrike is on cooldown.
- Flamestrike recharges 50% faster while at full mana.
- 30% chance on hit to gain 15 additional mana
Human Zerg Assassin – 2 Cost
Ravage – 10 second CD
- Jumps to an enemy with less than 20% HP, instantly killing it and healing for 10% HP.
- 20% chance to retaliate against a ranged attack, summoning spikes under the attacker which deal damage and stun for 1 second.
- Gain 10% of damage dealt as shields.
- Ravage activates on enemies with less than 30% HP but no longer heals.
- 40% chance on hit to deal 50% damage to enemies adjacent to the target.
- Gain the Mage Class
Elemental Elf Druid – 2 Cost
Leaping Strike – 6 second CD
- Attack an enemy and 2 other nearby enemies, then leap across the board.
- 30% chance when attacking to hit an additional time.
- 40% chance when attacking to attack another enemy near the target.
- Gain 50% attack speed for 3 seconds after using Leaping Strike but its cooldown is increased by 3 seconds.
- Heal for 2 HP every second for each Nature’s Toxin on an enemy.
Human Shaman – 1 Cost
Ravenous Spirit – 30 second CD
- Channels an untargetable spirit that deals damage every second in an area and moves around. Lasts 4 seconds.
- Replaces Ravenous Spirit with Gargantuan.
- Gargantuan – 30 second CD: Summons a minion which deals splash damage with attacks. Lasts 8 seconds.
- Gain the Mage Class
- Gain the Druid Class and gain 30% attack speed
- 30% chance when attacking to throw a toad instead which deals 50% more damage and damages enemies adjacent to the target
Elemental Shaman – 4 Cost
Sulfuras Smash – 15 second CD
- After a delay, deals heavy damage and stuns an enemy and all adjacent enemies.
- Gain the Demon Race
- 30% chance when attacking to deal 50% splash damage to enemies adjacent to the target and heal for 50% of damage dealt
- 20% chance to retaliate against a ranged attack, calling down a meteor on the attacker which deals damage to them and adjacent enemies
- 15% chance to retaliate against a melee attack, creating an explosion of lava which damages enemies in a 3×3 square around Ragnaros
- Gain the Warrior Class
Orc Shaman – 2 Cost
Lightning Shield – 5 second CD
- Buffs an ally with a lightning shield that deals damage to enemies in a 3×3 square around them for 5 seconds.
- Lightning Shield absorbs damage
- 25% chance on hit to chain heal up to 4 allies for a small amount, starting with Rehgar
- A random friendly non-Human unit gains the Human Race every round
- A random friendly non-Orc unit gains the Orc Race every round
- A random friendly non-Warrior unit gains the Warrior Class every round
Orc Shaman – 1 Cost
Windfury – 8 second CD
- Increases attack speed by 100% for 2 seconds.
- 25% chance on hit to damage the target with lightning, which bounces to 3 other enemies
- Every 5th attack heals for 10% HP
- Windfury cooldown reduced by 2 seconds
- Gain the Warrior Class
Elf Assassin – 1 Cost
Vanish – 10 second CD
- Turn invisible for 1 second. The next attack does 100% more damage.
- If the next attack after Vanish kills its target, its cooldown is reset
- 20% chance on hit to stun the target for 1 second
- Vanish costs 50 mana instead of 100
- The first time Valeera takes ability damage each round, reduce it by 75%
Protoss Assassin – 2 Cost
Void Prison – 30 second CD
- Stops time for all units in a 3×3 square, freezing them in place and making them invulnerable and untargetable for 4 seconds.
- Every 4th hit cleaves in a 3×3 square around Zeratul, dealing damage to enemies
- Zeratul blinks to another location on the board when reaching 66% and 33% HP
- 20% chance on hit to slow the attack speed of the target and all adjacent enemies by 30% for 2 seconds
- 25% chance on hit to deal 50% more damage
Zerg Mage Specialist – 3 Cost
Symbiote (Passive) – Abathur stays in a fragile, dormant state, and uses abilities and talents from an allied unit and gaining the mana they receive. The Symbioted ally gains the Zerg race.
Stab – 4 second CD
- Shoots a spike towards the Symbioted ally’s target, dealing damage to the first enemy hit.
- Every 3rd Stab releases a burst of spikes dealing damage in a 3×3 square around the Symbioted ally
- 10% chance when the Symbioted ally is hit to gain a shield which absorbs damage, this chance increases by 10% each time Stab is used.
- Abathur spawns a locust near him at the start of each round and every 10 seconds afterwards, reduced by 1 second each time Stab is used.
- Abathur spawns a toxic mine on a square with creep (that isn’t occupied by an enemy) every 8 seconds, reduced by 1 second each time Stab is used. The mine explodes to deal damage when an enemy steps into that square.
Source: Original link
© Post "Heroes of the Storm Autochess [Concept]" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!