I know what you're probably thinking, "hots ded gaem" why waste your time?
I believe now more than ever there is a need for content that helps the community to improve their level of play. Back when there was the HGC, many players viewed matches every weekend, not just because they were immensely fun to watch, but because it was one of the best ways of learning how to improve your own gameplay. While the HotS competitive scene is not completely gone with the 3rd party organizations, its visibility has diminished greatly. My hope is to create content that fills that void. I've been working on this for the past couple of months and hope you guys enjoy it.
A little about me, I've been playing HotS since beta, and have absolutely fallen in love with the game. Between HL and TL, I've been Grandmaster about 10 times, usually with win/rates above 56%. Feel free to check out my Hotslogs account
My approach to each coaching video has a similar format which should mimic how you as a player approach each match.
- Study the draft. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, and what can I do to exploit them. A few categories to look at are waveclear, teamfighting, globals, early game, late game, skirmishes vs teamfights, objective control, lane matchups, and more.
- Mindset. After determining what your team's strengths are and the enemy team's weaknesses, put yourself in the mindset of how to play the match. The same hero can be played very, very differently game to game.
- Replay Analysis. I go through the replay with the player I'm featuring in comms. Occasionally I will pause or rewind to go over important details that happen as the match goes on.
- Recap. How did the match go? What could have been done differently/better? Would a difference in draft have helped?
- Questions. I address any questions I haven't already addressed.
I'm starting out with three coaching replays all three are diamond-GM level. I do have coaching for lower ranks as well on the way.
If you like me are passionate about HotS and want to see more of this type of content, please support me by watching and subscribing to my channel.
Finally, I'm more than happy to open this up to community coaching, so if you'd like to have your replay analysed either for yourself or your team, feel free to reach out to me directly on Reddit or on Discord, Raevar#2136.
Source: Original link
© Post "Launching Grandmaster Coaching Videos on Youtube" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.