Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who has already contributed to the prize pool. Your belief in what we're building greatly helps to inspire us to keep trying our hardest to make this a success. If you too would like to contribute to the prize pool, it can be found here: Storm Division Matcherino
Today we're proud to present the rules for how the Nexus Gaming Series Storm Division will operate! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to comment or reach out to Wedge#7006 on discord.
Unless otherwise stated, standard Nexus Gaming Series rules (RULES) apply.
Nexus Gaming Series holds the right to modify the rules.
- Storm Division will feature 8 teams that compete for a crowd funded prize pool
- All teams must qualify for Storm Division
- Storm Division teams will not be able to compete in other NGS divisions
- Individuals from Storm Division teams will be unable to play for other NGS teams, either on the roster or as an off roster sub
- Each team must have between 5-6 players
- Each team must designate a team captain who will be responsible for communicating with staff on behalf of the team, communicating to their team and responsibility of dispersing any prize pool winnings to their team.
- Teams will be allowed a max of 1 non-roster substitute per series provided that they inform both the moderator and opposing captain of the player before 11:59pm PDT the night before a scheduled match and that player hasn’t played for another Storm Division team that week
- Teams will be allowed a maximum of 1 roster change once they have qualified for Storm Division
- Teams and players that compete in Storm Division will not be able to compete in other Nexus Gaming Series divisions. However, teams are still encouraged to register for Nexus Gaming Series Season 10 and will simply be removed from placements for other divisions if they qualify for Storm Division
- In order to qualify for Storm Division, there will be 6 qualifier tournaments teams can compete in. These qualifiers will be single elimination brackets with each series being a best of 3 for every round.
- Qualifiers will take place over two days with no more than 3 rounds being played per day. Qualifiers will take place on a Wednesday and Thursday unless otherwise listed.
- There will be 6 qualifier tournaments on the following dates starting at 5pm PDT:
- Qualifier 1: July 29th/July 30th
- Qualifier 2: Aug 5th/6th
- Qualifier 3: Aug 12th/13th
- Qualifier 4: Aug 19th/20th
- Qualifier 5: Aug 26th/27th
- Qualifier 6: Aug 29th/Aug 30th (Saturday/Sunday)
- The winner of each qualifier will automatically receive a guaranteed spot in Storm Division
- Teams will accumulate points following each qualifier according to the following table:
- 2nd: 75
- 3rd/4th: 50
- 5th-8th: 20
- 9th-16th: 10
- 17th-32nd: 5
- Each team will receive a minimum of 1 point for participating in the qualifier. In order for a team to receive points beyond the participation point, they must win at least 1 series.
- Points will be used for determining seeding of each qualifier bracket
- The 7th and 8th and final spots in Storm Division will be awarded to the teams with the most points who have yet to qualify following the 6th and final Qualifier being hosted on Saturday Aug 29th and Sunday Aug 30th
- In order for a team to maintain their points through qualifiers, the roster must feature a minimum of 4 players who played in the previous qualifier.
- Rematches in the first round will be avoided where possible
- Registration will be completed on the NGS website
- Registration for the first qualifier will open July 20th
- Registration for the first 5 qualifiers will close at 11:59pm PDT on the Sunday before the qualifier
- The schedule including the bracket will then be released before 11:59pm PDT on the Monday before the qualifier
- Registration for the following tournament will then be opened as soon as registration for the current qualifier closes.
- For Qualifier 6, registration will close at 11:59pm PDT on Thursday August 27th, or following the completion of the 5th qualifier
- The regular season will follow a single round robin format
- Each team will have one series a week and each series will be a best of 5 maps
- Matches will be scheduled in advance to best fit each team’s availability
- If a team requires a match to be rescheduled, they must inform Wedge#7006 before 11:59pm PDT on the Sunday before the match
- There will be a 1 week break between the end of the regular season and the start of playoffs
- Top 6 teams from the regular season will qualify for playoffs
- Playoffs will be a double elimination bracket with best of 5 matches
- Playoffs will take place over 5 weeks with the 5th and 6th seed starting in the losers bracket
- The weekly playoff structure is as follows:
- Week 1: Winners semi-finals (1 vs 4, 2 vs 3)
- Week 2: Losers Quarterfinals (Week 1 losers vs 5th and 6th seed)
- Week 3: Winners Finals and Losers Semifinals
- Week 4: Losers Finals
- Week 5: Grand Finals
- Following playoffs, information will be provided to captains to be able to register on matherino and receive their payouts
- All funds for the prize pool will be generated through matcherino at https://matcherino.com/tournaments/29831/overview
- The payouts will be as follows:
- 1st: 55%
- 2nd: 30%
- 3rd: 15%
- Each team will be required to nominate a player (does not need to be the captain) who will receive the payment from matcherino on behalf of the team and will then be responsible for dispersing funds to the rest of the team
Qualification for Future Seasons:
- The top 4 teams from playoffs will be guaranteed a spot to return in future seasons
- The winner of NGS Season 10 Heroic Division will receive a guaranteed spot
- There will be 3 qualifier tournaments in the off-season for the remaining 3 Storm Division spots and the winner of each qualifier will receive a spot
Thanks again for your support and we hope to see many of you competing for the title of Storm Division Champion!
Source: Original link
© Post "NGS Storm Division – Details have arrived!" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.