Arthas has glarig strengths and weaknesses, which is good most of the time, but IMO he is pushed a little bit too far in that direction. He is extremly strong against multiple melee auto attackers, but if that conditions are not met he very quickly fall of against burst damage, CC and displacement.
I think he desperatly needs > baseline in order shrug off some of that cc and burst and also give him talent diveristy, becuase right now, against player who know to play against him, he is forced to pick that talent.
In addition I want to share some rework ideas, becuase Arthas kit feels outdated, especially after movement speed icrease. I dont think they are that importnant for Arthas like Icebound Fortitude, but could help him climb out that super niche pick areas.
- Death Coil – cooldown reduced from 9 to 8; range increased by 10%; if the enemy dies within 1.5 seconds, Arthas is also healed for 131 and 25 mana refunded (half of mana and heal).
- Howling Blast – added functionality Howling Blast roots enemies in its path for 0,75s and deal 34 dmg (half of main dmg)
- Frozen Tempest – mana cost reduction from 13 to 12, max attack and movement speed slow reduced to 30%
- Icebound Fortitude – added baseline with 60s cd and no armor
These changes make Arthas more dangerous from distance and not that extreme in melee range. It also promotes other usage of Q in non-Q builds in similar fashion Death Knight used coils for finishing creeps in wc3.
- Army of the Dead – Additionally imediately heals, one less ghoul to compensate (often Arthas cast this ult to survive, so delay reduction can help him against burst)
- Frost Presence – changed functionality, after 0,5s trail of ice return to Arthas and roots enemies in its path for 0,75s and deal 34 dmg (removed quest that force Arthas to spam cc and not saving it for better ocasion)
- Deathlord – changed functionality, mana cost reduced by 25, reduce Death Coil cooldown by 3 seconds and if the enemy dies within 1.5 seconds by another 3 seconds
- Rune Tap – moved from 7
- Frost Armor – reduce cooldown of Icebound Fortitude by 30 seconds and grant 25 armor for its duration
- Frozen Wastes – adjusted functionality, mana cost reduction removed, Frozen Wastes reduce spell power by 10% per second, up to 30%. Quest completion apllies to this debuff.
- Icy Talons – changed functionality, increase attack speed by 10%, hitting enemy heroes with basic attack cuase them to recieve bonus damage from Frozen Tempest equal to 0,5% pf their health, stacking up to 3 times.
- Frost Strike – adjusted functionality, Frostmourne Hungers also Slows the enemy by 50% for 1.5 seconds. If target is slowed or rooted, additionaly stun for 0,5 second
- Frostmourne Feeds – changed fumctionality, add second charge of Frostmourne Hungers, cooldown between uasge 3 seconds
Frostmourne talents are really clunky and they were that way from the beginning. Now in comparison to modern heroes they look silly. Chnages on 4 and 7 helps Arthas susatin himself earlier and be less dependent on healer. Icy Talons is trap talent, becuase you need to constantly move as Arthas, instead of standing and AA anemies.
TL DR; Arthas need Icebound Fortitude baseline too keep up with 2021 HotS meta
Source: Original link
© Post "Should Arthas be that niche hero?" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.