We kinda all know of the band-aid fix Blizzard did to shift popularity back a bit more to > while it is was a bit effective it's still feels lacking in nuance of execution.
Tormented Souls was given a reset mechanic to Wraith Strike, then when it was pointed out that the mana cost of this combo was too high they reduced the mana cost of the Heroic to
zero 20. This mechanic works is giving a strong play style and effective option but feels like it wasted implemented efficiently.
I have a few broad stroke ideas to some lack luster talents that could help Tormented Souls shine once again without causing the ability to again torment the nexus.
- Tormented Souls: Unleash a torrent of souls, continually applying Reaper's Mark to nearby enemies for 4 seconds. When Tormented Souls is cast reset the cooldown of Wraith Strike and while active Wraith Strike cools down 200% faster. Mana Cost: 50
At base this would have the same effect as it currently does but would have a beneficial effect to the upgrade >. Meaning the longer he can maintain it the more he could Wrath Strike. I also increased the mana cost so the reduction could be added elsewhere.
- Death's Reach: Increase Wraith Strike's range by 35% and reduce the Mana cost to 15.
I added it here. The talent needs a buff and the reduction would do more here then on the Heroic.
- Touch of Death: Activate to reduce healing received by Heroes afflicted by Reaper's Mark by 50% over 4 seconds.
This change would mean that instead on the healing reduction applying to those marked when activated it would apply the reduction to all those marked in the 4 seconds it is active. This change supports the idea of spreading the mark, with something like Tormented Souls.
- Shroud of Wisdom: After 2 seconds, gain 50 Spell Armor for 4 seconds. Passive: Gain 10 spell armor.
This talent is burdened by skill of execution. By giving in a small passive element maybe people would pick it.
- Death Shroud: After 0.25 seconds, unleash a wave of dark mist that applies Reaper's Mark to enemies it hits and reduces Heroes damage dealt by X% for X seconds.
This is the most radical idea as it's directly buffing a basic ability but I suggest it to be a small amount. Ever since Mathael received his cleave I have felt that this ability lost some of its power, similar to Tormented Souls. At first I thought of adding a small slow but the idea that we could have a hero with damage reduction in it's base kit is enticing. On such an expensive ability on a mana hungry hero I don't think adding a small amount of utility onto this ability would be too much.
Source: Original link
© Post "Spicing up Malthael and how to better support Tormented Souls" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.