Welcome to the new Weekly Basic's Discussion where for the next few months there will be feature discussions about Blizzard Roles system. These discussions are targeted at those looking to learn or brush up on tjhe roles core principles, common practices, and mistakes to avoid.
This week's discussion is on the Tank Role (Link). Blizzard defines tanks as "formidable juggernauts the protect their team by absorbing attacks from the enemy and blocking their retreat.
The New Player Guide wiki (Link) features links to tanking articles. We plan to update the section with new content about the role rework at it develops and incorporate feedback from this discussion as well. The following are highlights from the section as well as some more recent content about tanking:
- The Art of Tank by /u/CavalierGuest – (Link) – Defines tanking as four practices:
- Engaging for the team – Determining when and who to attack
- Peeling/Interrupting for the team – Protecting the backline from attacks/counterattacks & disrupting channeled abilities
- Being a mobile ward or anchor – Creating vision on areas of the battleground
- Being a damage sponge – Positioning such that enemy damage is focused on the tank
- Tanking Videos by /u/UnbiasedBob a.k.a NotParadox – Illustrating the four practices:
- Role Guides – Tanking – (Link)
- Should you be Engaging or Peeling w/Ishb00 –
- What is Anchoring and how to win fights with it –
- Tank Types by /u/Jhow4 – (Link) – Defines four types of tanks and hero synergies/counters:
- Engaging/All-in – Excel at initiating but need follow-up or risk getting punished
- Area of Control – Excel at holding points, engaging/peeling
- Offense/Defense – Balanced for offense & defense
- Pick-Off – Excel at isolating and getting kills
- Do you think the new role system is a step in the right direction towards improving matchmaking?
- What interests you about the tank role in HotS?
- What strengths and weaknesses do you consider when choosing a tank in ranked and unranked matches?
- Do you have any principles or practice you follow when playing a tank in HotS?
- What common mistakes do you typically encounter with tanks in your games & how do you work around them?
- What is holding you back from playing as a Tank?
- Do you think the heroes identified in HotS as Tanks are accurate or do some of those heroes need reworks/redesign to fit the role of tank?
- Do you have any guides or highlights to share that helped you understand or learn how to tank?
Please share any questions or opinions you have about the role rework.
Source: Original link
© Post "The Basics – Roles: Tanking" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!