For those looking to watch some high level Heroes play, these are the tournaments to check out.
- EU Nexus Contest (January 8-20) is a community replacement for the Nexus Games. 16 national teams consisting of high ranked Hero League players play for the over €2700 partially crowdfunded (you can contribute on PayPal) prize pool. Khaldor is casting the group stage in English and multiple streams in other languages are available. Razer also sponsored 5 headsets for the winning team. Links: streams, Liquipedia, Toornament, Master League, official website.
- Heroes Lounge Division S (qualifier sign-ups start on January 10) is Heroes Lounge's plan to #saveHotS by organizing EU and NA leagues with a round robin format for the best Heroes players in their regions. Division S will have a crowdfunded prize pool (already over $13k), to which you can contribute on Matcherino. Their English stream will be cast by Khaldor and Tetcher, with Trikslyr joining as a guest caster. Qualifier sign-ups start tomorrow, on January 10.
- 2018 Gold Series Final will be a best-of-5 matches played on January 11 between SPT and BTG. You can find group stage results on Liquipedia and watch replay casts on Tetcher's Twitch channel (part 1, part 2).
- All Hallows Cup is an EU invitational tournament planned for January 26-27. Leftovers, a mixed team of Dignitas and Fnatic players, and several other HGC and high level Open Division players already confirmed participation.
If you are looking to play some competitive Heroes matches on any level, these leagues are for you.
- Heroes Lounge is the largest amateur league for Heroes of the Storm for all skill levels with live streamed games almost every day on Twitch. They offer leagues in EU and NA, divided into 7 divisions in EU and 5 divisions in NA for teams of different skill levels. Some of the matches are cast by their casters, including Khaldor – you can find a calendar of streamed matches here.
- /heroes-open is an amateur league for North American players organized by slash.gg. Sign-ups are already open and will close on January 29th.
- Nexus Gaming Series is another amateur league in North America. Sign-ups for season 6 start on January 21st.
- Life Outside the HGC: Taiwan and SEA is an article by @Koznarov about Heroes XD, a tournament covering some of the Asian minor regions.
- Heroes Lounge Division S qualifier sign-ups start January 10 (reddit)
- Razer sponsors headsets for EU Nexus Contest winners (reddit)
- /r/heroesofthestorm on new reddit now has a new esports calendar which we'll be maintaining ourselves. We're also coordinating with Heroes Lounge to have all their streamed matches in the calendar. We need some time to make it work on old reddit but it'll definitely happen soon™.
© Post "Wednesday Esports Discussion – January 9" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.