I know none of this will ever happen, and that the community that will stay will probably even fight these suggestions as everyone enjoys their inflated Ranks of Platinum/Diamond/Master 1000, however, that has done nothing but create ignorance, egos, and even massive harm for both the matchmaker and health of the game.
Rework the rank system
Full MMR reset has to happen, and should of after Rank 1.
|Grand Master||3500 ~ 4000|
|Master||3300 – 3499|
|Diamond 1||3000 – 3299|
|Diamond 2||2700 – 2999|
|Diamond 3||2500 – 2699|
|Diamond 4||2300 – 2599|
|Diamond 5||2100 – 2299|
|Platinum 1||1900 – 2099|
|Platinum 2||1700 – 1899|
|Platinum 3||1500 – 1699|
- Remove average team MMR system, Players can now be matched up against 1 Rank higher or lower than they are.
- Try not queue the same players back to back to further allow natural climb and fall.
- Rank Decay applies to every single rank, 28 days of not playing for Diamond – Bronze, 10 for Master/Grand Masters marks your account as inactive. Inactive accounts lose MMR every single day(1/14th of their rank MMR) from the day they are marked, each 7 days would be worth half a Rank.
- Starting MMR will now be at Silver 2, no seeding from any game mode.
- No placements, accounts start the season exactly where they left up to Diamond 3.
- Rank rewards will be based on where you finished, not highest rank achieved.
- Increase rank rewards, a small amount of gems will be a great motivator.
- Allow us to ban 1 map.
- Display player names again, target banning is a good thing, otherwise all the bans are more or less exactly the same.
- 2 Seasons a year
- Disable new heroes from Ranked play for 2 weeks.
- Keep the shard system, but also add a gem cost to everything in the shop.
- Purchasable loot boxes will be Epic.
- Reduce the cost of Heroes, make skins the main focus of income.
- Vehicle, map skins, player concept skins.
Separate MMR system, match players by MMR brackets, not average team MMR, same low starting MMR point of Silver.
No one enjoys playing with randoms who are half their MMR and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the Victory screen.
Just simply make it a screen we vote for who we thought was best. 1 shard rewarded for each vote casted and received, give players a way to have some sort of positive interaction and compliment each other.
TLDR: A longer Rank grind is healthy for the game as it creates a better matchmaking system and encourages players to openly seek help from streamers/guides/forums and slowly build a community willing to help each other learn from our mistakes rather than an egotistic community who believes they have nothing to learn yet all of them complain about lack of game sense in their teammates, despite being no exception themselves.
© Post "What needed to be done for the game to have been more successful" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!