Recap of the last few days:
- Based on when the current Season was supposed to end, we can guess that Blizzard planned to release a PTR on 29 March and new content on 6 April.
- Twinkle saw PTR being updated on 29 March and took a screenshot of the new loading screen.
- A few minutes after that, according to Twinkle, PTR has been rolled back and we couldn't datamine anything in time.
- A person noticed how the background in that screenshot looks like Blackthorne's theme.
- A person noticed how there is no registered trademark symbol in the leaked loading screen.
- Spazzo posted a clip featuring an unknown flying object.
- A person noticed how the object in that clip is similar to Blackthorne's weapon.
- A developer wrote a neutral comment about that clip.
- A day after, a person mentioned that PTR has been updated and reverted for them as well.
- Blizzard extended the current Season by 1 month and 1-2 weeks.
- We can guess that PTR has been postponed to 3-10 May and new content to 11-18 May.
- The community is wondering if we'll get a Balance Update in the meanwhile.
- As of today, Blizzard didn't say antything official yet.
Arguments against those leaks:
- Twinkle, the person who posted the new loading screen is known for a post about a fake leak last year, about 2 days before April Fools' Day.
- As already mentioned in the recap, contrary to other loading screens, the leaked one does not have the registered trademark symbol right after the game name.
- Spazzo, the person who posted the clip with a suspicious animation, is capable of altering the game to add custom effects. A person noticed how the Replay of the game in that clip cannot be found on Heroes Profile.
- It's suspicious that BlizzTrack didn't detect the PTR update because we know that PTR has been up for at least 2 minutes, enough for that site to detect a change.
Arguments in favor of those leaks:
- According to Twinkle, they have been deceived and therefore it was not intentional. They just analyzed someone else's post, that unfortunately was fake.
- While it's suspicious to see a mistake, the fact that there is no trademark logo doesn't automatically makes it fake because it's possible that Blizzard simply forgot to add it.
- The fact that a Replay isn't on Heroes Profile doesn't necessarily mean that its corresponding game never happened as their database only features Replays updated by at least one player who participated in a given game.
- It's possible that BlizzTrack missed the PTR update because it has been reverted too quickly.
I tried to be as neutral as possible while writing this post. Arguments and counter-arguments look balanced to me, so I personally find it hard to choose a side without risking to be wrong.
Draw your own conclusions and have a nice day!
Source: Original link
© Post "When will we get a new patch? Recap about recent leaks, with arguments and counter-arguments!" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.