Zenyatta is a healer with low burst but great sustained numbers, on a single target. He also brings decent damage and enables allies damage with baseline armor reduction.
Italics are comments or for reference, all numbers are lvl 1 values
- Strengths: Sustained healing (against poke teams), focused damage, manaless.
- Weakness: No burst healing, no CC, no mobility. (baseline, might change with talents)
- Basic Stats: 2516 hp (same Auriel, Alexstraza), 5.5 AA range, 1.0 AA speed, 120 AA damage (Auriel and Morales), no mana.
- D – Peaceful Repose: Zenyatta's regeneration increases as his health decreases. He gains +1hp/s for every 1% of total health missing, up to +100hp/s. (The idea is to give him some self-sustain, similar to his shield on Overwatch, and matches his flavour of sustained healing)
- Q – Orbs of Destruction: Zenyatta projects his destructive energy orbs in a rapid-fire volley after a few seconds spent gathering power. Activate to begin charging up to five orbs in 2.5s (one extra orb every 0.5s), each dealing 120 damage (same as AA). Reactivate to fire. Can be used early to fire less orbs. Zenyatta can move during channel. (10s CD / 7 range) (works like Hanzo's Storm Bow, but increasing damage instead of range)
- W – Orb of Harmony: Zenyatta casts an orb over the shoulder of a targeted ally. So long as Zenyatta is in range, the orb slowly restores 50 hp/s to his ally (same as Stukov's Q). Only one ally can receive the orb's benefit at a time. Cannot be cast on self. (3s CD / 7 range)
- E – Orb of Discord: Attaching the orb of discord to an opponent lowers their armor by 20 for as long as Zenyatta is in range. Only one opponent can suffer the orb's effects at a time. Can be cast on non-heroic targets. (has a very obvious glowing dark-purple visual effect) (3s CD / 7 range)
- R1 – Transcendence: Zenyatta enters a state of heightened existence for 5 seconds. While transcendent, Zenyatta cannot use abilities or attack, but is protected, gains 15% movement speed and heals himself and all nearby allies for 200hp and 10mp per second (Amp it Up is 112 hp/s). Channel cannot be interrupted. (90s CD / 4.5 radius) (Tranquility's radius is 6.5, Crossfade's is 5.5)
- R2 – Awakening: Zenyatta can use Awakening to cast an extra talented Orb of Harmony, if cast on allies, or Orb of Destruction, if cast on enemies. (3s CD)
Some talent ideas:
- D – Peaceful Repose:
- After 5s without taking damage gains permanent Shields equal to 10% of max Health;
- Gains increased 1% movement speed for every 4% missing hp, up to 25%;
- Activate your trait to become protected for 1s, 60s CD.
- Q – Orb of Destruction:
- 10% slow for each channelled orb on hit;
- Range increase with charging time;
- Extra damage if target affected by E.
- W – Orb of Harmony:
- Gives the target 1 armor for each 4% missing health (half as much as Garrosh's trait);
- Gives the target 50 shields/s for 1s (+100% effective HP for 1 second, no stacking shields);
- Attaching the orb makes the target protected for 0.75s;
- Orb gives the target +20% movement speed.
- Recasting the orb on the same target heals 5% max hp.
- E – Orb of Discord:
- 15% slow;
- Orb deals 1%/s max hp damage (Mathael's trait is 1.75%/s);
- Recasting the orb on the same target deals 3% max hp burst damage.
- R1 – Transcendence (lvl 20): Zenyatta is now unstoppable for the duration, healing is increased by 100%, extra healing decaying over the duration.
- R2 – Awakening (lvl 20): both orbs affect all allies or enemies near the target, on a radius of 2.5 (same as a Junkrat mine).
Discussion: I particularly like playing healers with good sustain, specially since where I play people are not that good at bursting targets down. And even if he is not that of an exciting character, Zenyatta was one of my favourites on OW, mainly because of his damage increase and right click burst. This Zenyatta concept would also bring a host of interesting draft decisions, since he would be at the same time good at bursting enemies down but bad at preventing the opponents from doing the same. And both his orbs only work for as long as he is close to the target, meaning he can't position way in the back if he wants to be effective (on OW they manage the orbs it with line of sight, but I think range works better on HotS). His talent tree could be either a choice between a W and a E talents each tier, with specific abilities tiers or a mix, I couldn't figure that one out.
I am open to suggestions and critiques, specially concerning the numbers.
Source: Original link
© Post "Zenyatta hero concept: sustained healer and enabler" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.