For those who aren't aware, IOI have said they're removing the Isle of Sgail challenges "All the King's Men", "No Budget for a Railing", and "Making Waves" in the Feb update. They gave this as their reasoning:
"After a sweep of the challenges in the game, we think that these particular challenges encourage the killing of multiple non-targets and they’re not fun to complete. We’ve also factored community feedback into the decision and wanted to tell you ahead of time. "
I agree – these challenges (which I've all completed) weren't very fun and were all time-consuming (especially Making Waves). But if we can remove these based on these criteria, I have a few additional suggestions:
- "Slam Dunk" (The Source) – This has to be the most outright hated challenges in the game. The launch physics are irregular, there's no surefire way to make it work, sometimes it doesn't trigger even if it does work, and it seems likely to me that the launch power of fire extinguishers was nerfed in Hitman 2. This is one of the few challenges I'd argue is not only "not fun;" it's infuriating.
- "Tuppence a Wish" – Probably the most infamous challenge in the game due to how buggy can be to trigger. I know that it unlocks an item, though, so if it can't be removed, I'd recommend at least changing it to something like "Careful What You Wish For" in Paris or "Your Luck is Running Out" in Marrakesh where you just need to throw in a set (high) number of coins.
- "Prank Call" / "I Re-Fuse" / "Was That Really Necessary?" – If IOI want to remove challenges that encourage the killing of multiple non-targets, these are three prime examples, in addition to the fact that *any* challenge that makes you either use a user contract or make your own is tedious and, well, "not fun."
- "Crazy 8" – Essentially the same reasoning as the three above, but with the additional wrinkle of killing 8 targets being both unintuitive and time-consuming. I would recommend simply removing this in favor of the Kill Bill-inspired challenge set that was added to Season 1.
- "You Know the Number" – This is more of a personal suggestion. I know this is sort of a way Hitman can have a "canon" kill everyone challenge (essentially), but if IOI is turning away from killing non-targets, this is another contender. After all, they aren't targets until they get infected.
And while we're on the subject of challenges, I'd also argue that Ghost Mode challenges should definitely be in their own separate category like the ET challenges as opposed to being part of the destination's challenges. This way, players with low-speed connections or no Hitman-playing friends wouldn't feel like Miami (and any future maps that are added) is impossible to 100%.
Feel free to add criticism of my points / more suggestions in the comments.
Source: Original link
© Post "Dear IOI, if we’re removing challenges…" for game Hitman 2.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.