Hi, for a third time- you might know me from my previous theories predicting Sylas and Neeko. I'm here to break down what I think that the next champion in League will be. Thanks for reading!
DISCLAIMER: I intentionally avoid reading others' theories as I like to write my own. Any predictions/material that is similar is a coincidence. Thank you for your patience and please do not accuse me of stealing someone else's opinions. Sources I use are linked.
Additionally, I'd love to talk about YOUR theories so feel free to DM me or comment. I'm ALWAYS open to constructive criticism on my theories. C o n s t r u c t i v e.
What Rito Gave Us
From Season Start's
, Reav3 talked about one of the upcoming champions and gave us a few things, including this image:
A few observations about this image (some of which I may refer back to):
- The book is NOT
- Behind the book (Pink-ish area) could possibly be a Bandle City portal/gateway, as all known portals/gateways look different
- The crystal on the book looks similar to an Honor 3 orb as does the spiral in the background, and the base of the crystal ball
- There appear to be an Elixir/Potion in the background
- There is a window or doorway (adjacent to the top right of the opening is what appears to be the door itself or a shutter)
Additionally, Reav3 says:
"We have been hard at work on a whimsical new Support Champion. It's been a long time since we've released a more traditional Enchantress support, the last release being Nami. Given this, we thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to make a new enchanter, one whose personality and theme will be complete 180 from our last support, Pyke. While the new champion will be more of a traditional support, it won't be completely by the book, so as always, expect some new mechanics to get attached to as well."
However, if you turn on the subtitles, it actually ends up saying:
"We have been hard at work on a whimsical new Support Champion. It's been a long time since we've released a more traditional Enchantress support, the last release being Nami. Given this, we thought that it would be a puurfect opportunity to make a new enchanter, one whose personality and theme will be complete 180 from our last support, Pyke. While the new champion will be more of a traditional support, it won't be completely by the book, so as always, expect some new mechanics to get attached to as well."
Additionally, Reav3 mentioned there would be new mechanics we would get attached to. On R
iot Meddler's Quick Gameplay Thoughts, he says this about Karma:
Obviously, this is a pun on cats, so it is HIGHLY likely that the new enchantress will be feline or cat related. The reason I say enchantress, as in female enchanter, is because of a few reasons:
- Rito tends to alternate the gender of their champs released (Pyke-M, Neeko-F, Sylas-M, Enchantress-F)
- Reav3 mentions this support, in theme and personality, will be 180 (opposite) to Pyke
- Reav3 initially refers to the champ as an Enchantress
I have two theories as to what species/race the new champion could be.
- Feline Yordle
- Traditional sorceress with a cat familiar
A few reasons the new champion could be a Yordle:
there is an upcoming lore exploration on Bandle City
- There is already a feline (ancestor of) Vastaya; Nidalee
- There as not been a Yordle champion released in some time; here are the past few champion releases and their species/race:
(Table excludes Reworks, VUs, and VGUs due to backlash on my Neeko post)
|Race||Human/Mostly Human||Vastayashai'rei/ Vastaya/Vastayan Ancestor||Yordle||Aspect/Spirit||Darkin|
|Champion Name||Pyke, Kai'Sa, Sylas, Kayn (Base), Kayn (Shadow Assassin)||Xayah & Rakan, Neeko||(The last Yordle released was Kled, in August 2016)||Ornn, Zoe||Kayn (Rhaast)|
The last Yordle released was Kled in August 2016.
Of the existing Yordles, here are their (traditional) roles:
|Yordle Name||Kled, Poppy, Rumble, Teemo, Kennen, Heimerdinger, Gnar (Ancient Yordle)||Poppy, Kled (former off-meta pick)||Kennen, Heimerdinger, Corki, Veigar, Ziggs, Fizz||Heimerdinger, Corki, Kennen, Tristana, Teemo (rarely), Ziggs (formerly)||Lulu, Veigar, Ziggs, Teemo (rarely)|
Of the Yordles commonly played as supports, only one of them is more of a traditional support (the other two are mage supports, and Teemo is… Teemo).
- Also, notice that I said feline Yordle and not Yordle with a cat familiar; Lulu the Fae Sorceress already has a familiar (Pix)
- (This is an obvious one) there is no feline Yordle, however, one could argue that only Yordle remotely close to a feline appearance is Gnar, as his tusks could resemble a pre-historic Sabretooth tiger.
Traditional Sorceress with Cat Familiar
- There are only a few Champions that are composed of multiple entities, the most recent being Kled (Kled & Skaarl).
- (Other examples include Kindred (Lamb & Wolf), Lulu (Lulu & Pix), Nunu & Wilump, Orianna (Orianna & The Ball), Quinn (Quinn & Valor), Janna (Janna and her Zephyr), Sejuani (Sejuani & Bristle)
- The reason this is one of my speculations as to the identity of the new champion is the abilities the new champion could potentially possess if it follows this unique archetype (multiple characters in a champion)
|Functionality||Enchantress sends cat familiar to go scout for vision. While it is scouting for vision, Enchantress has different abilities that don't involve cat (while she has the cat, she has abilities involving the use of the cat). Perhaps the cat
could reveal stealthed units.
|Shielding with the cat – while the cat is on an ally, Enchantress gets the "non-cat" ability set||Per level/per interval the Enchantress can brew a potion/elixir for an ally||Can see cooldowns of allies spells (potentially enemy spells as well)|
|Visual Description||Similar to Kalista's "vision button" but with a cat.||Cat travels to champion much like Pix does (for Lulu).||n/a||n/a|
|Why/How/Where this idea came from||"Familiars" in folklore often allowed the witch/owner of familiar to see through the familiar's eyes||Patronus from Harry Potter||Teaser image contained potion/Elixer bottles||Cats are known to be wise and in some witchcraft practices are believed to be telepathic or mind-reading|
Another ability that this Enchantress might possess would be the ability to spend health or another resource in order to restore an Ally's mana, or even restore some cooldowns. This change was initially planned for Karma, but as mentioned above, they'll "likely explore it for another champion at some point instead though"
Region and Lore
Here is map of recently released champion's ASSOCIATED* locations.
- Considering that Reav3 mentions that the new support's "personality and theme will be complete 180 from our last support, Pyke," therefore, we can eliminate certain 'malevolent' regions that might produce a support parallel to Pyke in theme/attitude/alignment.
- Additionally, we can eliminate Demacia as a candidate; Sylas (
associated with Demacia; Demacian prisoner) was the most recent release. Riot has not released two champions from the same region in over 24 releases, with the exception of Kayn and Xayah/Rakan.
- Arguably, this does not count as Kayn is actually Noxian (although he is heavily associated with Ionia due to him being an Order of the Shadow member.) "Fun" fact: Rhaast is a former/fallen ascended and was born/created in Shurima.
- In the image, there are various magical items. Using the Runeterra Map, we can see what each region's attitude toward magic is. If they don't have a neutral/positive attitude toward magic, I eliminated them.
- Finally, we can eliminate regions that do not match (the climate/greenery/environment of) the image the Riot gave us:
X = indicates elimination for this category, ? = indicates unknown, (Word) = how a region views magic
|Region (as specific as possible)||Malevolent?/"Dark"||Recently used?||Neutral/Positive Attitude Towards Magic||Climate/Greenery/ Environment/HIGH ELEVATION?|
|Northern Ionia (wartorn by Noxus)||X||(Harmonize/ Weaponize)|
|Somewhere in the Ocean?||?||?||X|
|Mt. Targon (peak)||(Aspire)||?|
|Mt. Targon (face of mountain)|
|Noxus (other territories)||X||(Weaponize?)||X|
Regions that the new champion could PLAUSIBLY come from:
- Bandle City
- Cliffs/Face of Targon
- Southern Ionia
Regions that the new champion MIGHT come from, but we don't have evidence:
- Blessed Isles
- Peak of Targon
- Undiscovered region/region not yet revealed
there would be "some new mechanics to get attached to as well," regarding the champion. As speculated above, here are a few ideas
- Ability to reduce Allies' cooldown(s)
- Mana "gifting" to allies
- Elixir creation/spawning in
"Attached to" reminds me of how the* Summon Aery keystone attaches an Aery to a player. Aery is like a cat?
However, in the same video, he also used the very specific wording of**:**
"While the new champion will be more of a traditional support, it won't be completely by the book"
Reav3 always tends to leave TONS of verbal clues and cues (see my analysis on Neeko as an example), whether typed or spoken, when hinting at a new champion. I believe this wording is intentional and the Enchantress's kit will involve mechanics or theme utilizing the spellbook pictured in the teaser image:format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/62892576/new_support_champ.0.jpg).
The new champion is an Enchantress that has feline features or a feline companion. She will cast supportive spells that likely have high utility, including some new mechanics that may involve Mana or Cooldown "gifting" to allies. Her spells might involve manipulating her cat companion if she has one as well as utilizing a spellbook. Spatially, she is associated with a magical place, likely at a high elevation location that has at least some greenery. Her theme will be relatively lighthearted and "whimsical", and she has the possibility to be a Yordle.
Thanks for Reading! <3
Thanks for supporting my theories- you've done so much just by reading this far. Have a cookie! Thanks to all of the upvotes and reads on my previous theories,
u/Blaustoise even recognized me from them in his stream. Hi, Blaustoise, and hi, readers!
Source: Original link
© Post "144th Champion Theory- the Whimsical Enchantress – with Evidence" for game League of Legends.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!