TL;DR I trained a machine learning model to figure out which champions are banned more than their performance and popularity deserves. The top 5 most over-banned/hated champions are Samira, Darius, Morgana, Zed, and Yone. The bottom 5 are Jhin, Ezreal, Ashe, Kaisa, and Thresh.
- Data taken is for Plat+, global player-base, patch 10.21. Data is collected from lolalytics.com.
- For each champion, we record their pick-rate, ban-rate, and win-rate.
- We train a multivariate linear regression model with the data. The model is trained such that it tries to predict the ban-rate as a function of the win-rate and play-rate of a champion.
- Actually, ban-rate and play-rate are log'd first, then put into the regression model.
- For each champion, the model will predict a ban-rate based on their win/play rates. We take the difference between the predict ban-rate and the actual ban-rate. If the actual ban-rate is significantly higher, it indicates that a champion is being banned more than their stats deserve.
- I admit this method has its weaknesses; i.e. it assumes that the relationship between the different variables are in fact linear. Upon inspection, ban-rate does appear to be a linear function of pick-rate. However, it is difficult to say exactly whether ban-rate is a linear function of win-rate, since the relationship between the two is surprisingly weak to begin with.
- Another concern is whether the win-rate and play-rate are correlated with each other, since you ideally want independent features for multivariate regression. Win-rate and play-rate are in fact not correlated with each other (p-value=0.92).
Champions towards the top of the list are widely hated, with ban-rates significantly higher than their play-rate and win-rates would justify. Champions at the bottom are they opposite: They tend to be popular, yet have ban-rates much lower than normal for their pick-rate and win-rate. Champions at the middle aren't really liked or disliked; people are generally ambivalent about them.
Below is the complete list of (
Samira:63.05 Darius:33.33 Morgana:29.93 Zed:29.23 Yone:23.49 Yasuo:21.41 Evelynn:20.76 Hecarim:19.83 Akali:19.35 Pantheon:16.32 Kassadin:16.17 Yuumi:13.39 Lillia:10.77 Master Yi:9.90 Renekton:8.57 Lulu:8.21 Vladimir:8.01 Irelia:7.41 Lucian:7.26 Blitzcrank:7.19 Fizz:6.98 Fiora:6.08 Karthus:6.04 Nautilus:6.00 Ekko:5.96 Graves:5.83 Caitlyn:5.01 Elise:4.92 Jax:4.79 LeBlanc:4.59 Sylas:3.96 Rammus:3.83 Leona:3.67 Shaco:3.65 Mordekaiser:3.25 Kha'Zix:3.00 Fiddlesticks:2.95 Rengar:2.64 Katarina:2.40 Sett:2.31 Malphite:2.26 Garen:2.25 Illaoi:2.11 Pyke:1.96 Zoe:1.95 Malzahar:1.90 Volibear:1.65 Olaf:1.64 Tryndamere:1.64 Nidalee:1.62 Cassiopeia:1.53 Quinn:1.41 Diana:1.29 Teemo:1.24 Draven:1.04 Nasus:0.97 Talon:0.93 Rek'Sai:0.85 Urgot:0.81 Nocturne:0.75 Zac:0.75 Swain:0.73 Vayne:0.62 Brand:0.61 Kled:0.42 Heimerdinger:0.26 Yorick:0.23 Tahm Kench:0.23 Kayn:0.23 Aatrox:0.21 Dr. Mundo:0.18 Nunu:0.16 Qiyana:0.14 Jayce:0.13 Xerath:0.09 Gangplank:0.08 Trundle:0.07 Poppy:0.03 Anivia:0.03 Taliyah:0.02 Lissandra:0.01 Rumble:0.00 Syndra:-0.01 Ivern:-0.03 Neeko:-0.04 Azir:-0.06 Aurelion Sol:-0.08 Maokai:-0.09 Cho'Gath:-0.09 Vel'Koz:-0.10 Kog'Maw:-0.11 Taric:-0.11 Corki:-0.12 Veigar:-0.12 Zyra:-0.14 Shyvana:-0.14 Varus:-0.15 Kennen:-0.15 Wukong:-0.16 Skarner:-0.17 Gnar:-0.17 Kalista:-0.18 Sejuani:-0.20 Ziggs:-0.20 Udyr:-0.24 Amumu:-0.31 Gragas:-0.34 Viktor:-0.34 Annie:-0.35 Galio:-0.40 Zilean:-0.42 Warwick:-0.43 Aphelios:-0.45 Xin Zhao:-0.45 Sivir:-0.51 Singed:-0.52 Xayah:-0.53 Senna:-0.57 Braum:-0.61 Kayle:-0.64 Ryze:-0.64 Sona:-0.71 Camille:-0.79 Jarvan IV:-0.82 Shen:-0.94 Tristana:-1.00 Kindred:-1.03 Twitch:-1.06 Sion:-1.07 Riven:-1.11 Ornn:-1.36 Vi:-1.38 Twisted Fate:-1.71 Soraka:-2.15 Rakan:-2.29 Ahri:-2.31 Karma:-2.44 Alistar:-2.64 Nami:-2.71 Lux:-2.96 Bard:-3.00 Jinx:-3.35 Janna:-4.85 Lee Sin:-5.79 Miss Fortune:-5.93 Orianna:-6.12 Thresh:-9.45 Kai'Sa:-10.87 Ashe:-17.44 Ezreal:-25.13 Jhin:-35.18
Source: Original link
© Post "[Data] The most hated champions are Samira, Darius, and Morgana. The most liked champions are Jhin, Ezreal, and Ashe. Here is the math (and the full list)." for game League of Legends.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.