League of Legends

Event Orbs and Capsules Got Worse After Battle Queens

LeagueofLegends6 - Event Orbs and Capsules Got Worse After Battle Queens
Loading...

TLDR; Riot has been nerfing grab bags without compensation or explanation since Battle Queens, and it has gotten worse every event.

I am addicted to grinding pass events and have been doing them since Spirit Blossom. I usually get around 6k tokens each time, and got 8k for world’s. I usually spend them all on orbs, sometimes I get the prestige if they’re really good, but I always keep an eye out for what each event Orbs has to offer. If the orbs are really good, I sometimes even buy the bundles, because as sort of a gambler, I like having the system decide what skins I should own rather than buying things myself 🤡.

I just saw the Space Groove Orbs on [email protected] and I was genuinely disappointed…for the 3rd event in a row. I’ve noticed that ever since Battle Queens, orbs have been lack luster and have given pretty much the same things every event. It’s just that this time, not only are the orbs bad, but their grab bags are even harder to get.


Event Orb Grab Bag Drop Rates

Event orbs all give the same thing and have the same rates regardless of event, with the only difference being their dropped grab bag. This means that the quality of an event orb is dependent on the quality of their grab bags.

Space Groove Orbs have the description "Open to reveal a guaranteed random Skin Shard with a 3.5% chance to obtain a Luxe Bag. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5."

Other than the Night & Dawn Orbs, Battle Academia, and Psy Ops Orbs, the drop rate for a bag has consistently been 4% since maybe Lunar Revel 2019, correct me if I’m wrong. I’m only worried about 2020 bags since they are overall better than the ones from 2019. Even so, pretty much every bag from 2020 has been 4% throughout the whole year, save for Psy Ops, so what is with the 0.5% decrease in drop rate for Space Groove?

The only reason that the three orbs mentioned above had different rates was because their respective bags were better or worse than average, save for Battle Academia 2019, which was pretty mediocre (2 perm shards, 1 975 and under, 1 1350+). Night & Dawn grab bags had double the rates but only gave a single 975+ skin shard while Psy Ops had half the rates while giving a whopping 9 skin shards with 3 guaranteed to be epics.

What does the grab bag (Luxe bag) for Space Groove give? “Open for a truly luxe vibe! Contains 3 skin shards worth 750+ RP (70% probability) OR 4 skin shards from any tier (30% probability). Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.” A 3.5% chance to get only 4 extra skin shards at most, where 70% of the time you’ll get only 3. The worst part is that none of these guarantee anything above 750, and that has been a theme since the Battle Queens Orbs.

The Battle Queen Orbs had a 4% chance to drop a Schema Bag, which had the description “Open to reveal Katarina's battle spoils! Three skin shards of 750RP or higher value (70% probability) OR four skin shards of 1350RP or lower value (30% probability). Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.” Same exact situation with the new Luxe Bag, except getting 4 skin shards guarantees that you won’t get any legendary or ultimate skin. So this 0.5% lower chance of getting a bag is to a remove this dumb restriction that made getting more skin shards worse than less.

The Lunar Beast Orbs also had a 4% chance to give a Lunar Squad Bag, which had the description “Open to reveal skin shards from past Lunar Revel celebrations to amp up your squad's style. 70% chance of 3 shards or 30% chance of 4 shards from the Lunar Revel, Firecracker, Mecha Kingdoms, and Warring Kingdoms skin lines. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.” Pretty much the same thing as Battle Queens and Space Groove but restricts you to 4 skin lines. What is with this ”70% for 3 750+ shards, 30% for 4” thing that keeps going on? And why does removing skin line restrictions warrant a 0.5% decrease in bag drop rates as well?


Let’s look at all the other orb grab bags from 2020:

Mecha Kingdoms Jackpot– “Open to reveal one skin shard of 975 or lower value and two skin shards of 1350 value or greater. Gemstone and Mythic Skin permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

Mecha Kingdoms Lucky Roll– “Open to reveal one skin shard of 1350 or greater value. Gemstone and Mythic Skin permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

Galaxies 2020 Grab Bag– “Open to reveal a random 520 RP skin shard, 750 RP skin shard, 975 RP skin shard, 1350 RP skin shard, and a 1820 RP skin shard.”

Загрузка...

Pulsefire 2020 Grab Bag– “Open to reveal three random skin shards of the same tier (30% chance for a set of 750 skin shards, 30% chance for a set of 975 skin shards, 30% chance for a set of 1350 skin shards, and 10% chance for a set of 1820 skin shards) and 1050 Orange Essence. Excludes mythic and limited skins.”

Kanmei Grab Bag– “Open to reveal three skin shards of 975 or greater value and three skin shards of 975 or lower value, excluding Mythic and Limited skins. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

Akana Grab Bag– “Open to reveal three Legacy skin shards and three skin shards of 975 or greater value, excluding Mythic and Limited skins. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

Worlds 10-Year Bag– “Open to reveal two Worlds Champions skin shards (iG, SKT T1, SSG, SSW, Fnatic, TPA), one Championship skin shard (2013-2019), and three random skin shards. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

K/DA Origins Bag– “Open to reveal one K/DA Origins Bonus Roll and three random skin shards. The bonus roll guarantees at least two skin shards from the 2018 K/DA and True Damage thematics, but the luckiest among us will reunite the full gang. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

Other than the Pulsefire 2020 Bag, every single one of these bags guaranteed a skin shard above 750. Every bag besides Pulsefire 2020 and Mecha Kingdoms also guaranteed AT LEAST 5 skin shards as well, where they still all had 4% chance to drop. Even Pulsefire gives 1050 orange essence on top of its shards, which is what you get from disenchanting 3 legendary/4 epic shards. Every single one of these bags are miles better than anything that came after Battle Queens, but yet all costed the same and what we are getting now, so why has loot been nerfed so hard? Even 2019 loot was better than this.


It’s not just the event orbs, but capsules after Battle Queens are also worse than before.

Let’s look at the newly released Battle Academia 2021 capsules. 4% chance to drop a Durandal Bag, which has the description “Open to reveal three Working Life skin shards! You'll also get a Fringe Benefit roll (70% chance for two 750+ skin shards OR 30% chance for three random skin shards). Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5. (Working Life is a selection of skins from the Chef, Day Job, April Fools, Battle Academia, and Academy skinlines.)” 6 skin shards at most, none guaranteed to be over 750.

The capsule bags from 2020 were the High Noon and Star Guardian ones, which also had a 4% chance to drop. High Noon dropped the Lucky #7 bag, which guaranteed 7 750+ skin shards, already more than Durandal bag. Star Guardian dropped an interstellar bag, which had the description “Open to reveal a gift from the stars! 5 Interstellar skin shards (60% probability) OR 7 random skin shards (25% probability) OR 10 Interstellar skin shards (15% probability). Interstellar skin shards are from the Star Guardian, Pajama Guardian, Cosmic, and Dark Star thematics. Gemstone and Mythic Skin Permanent drop rates multiplied by 1.5.”

10 skin shards at most, where every single shard is guaranteed to be an epic or legendary. You sure have a high chance of getting only 5 instead, but they’re still guaranteed to be epic or legendary as well. There’s the small 25% chance of getting 7 shards, which is a slightly smaller chance than getting 6 shards from the Durandal Bag, but they can be any skin line and any tier while 3 Durandal shards are only from 5 skin lines.


Why the nerfs, Riot?

With skins nowadays only being 1350 tier or higher, it makes little sense to lower the tier bar to 750 for loot. We are also getting more skins every year, so it makes even less sense to lower the amount of shards we get from grab bags. Now on top of this, we have even lower chances for grab bags AKA bonus shards? As if grab bags weren’t already hard to get. I don’t know why this nerf trend started and I hope future events won’t continue with it, because I’m losing motivation to grind events if they’re just going to pay off less every time. It felt fun to earn my skins, but I don’t want to feed into this “you’re gonna buy it anyways so we can charge you more for less” mentality that I’ve seen in almost every company nowadays. In the end, they’re just pretty pixels so I don’t know why I’m getting worked up over this to be honest. I know it sounds entitled to want more free stuff, but while grab bags are actually pretty free, it is pretty sad when a company suddenly starts being stingy without any transparency, especially after being so generous…for 2 years straight.

Source: Original link


Loading...
© Post "Event Orbs and Capsules Got Worse After Battle Queens" for game League of Legends.


Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020

2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.

Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]

2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.

You Might Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *