TL;DR How it works – I compare LEC teams based on the level of the teams against they win or lose every playday. Each team has a score similar to a elo. The full explanation is at the end of the post.
Feedback or ideas for some new kind of graph or stat are appreciated.
NEW: now the score on Day1 and Day2 in the table includes the opponent.
LEC 2019 Spring Split – TL:DR of the Week: Fnatic are back (till when?)
Power Ranking post-Week 6
Best PERFORMING teams of the Week 6
- Fnatic: +251 points (FIRST TIME in 1st position)
- Misfits: +234 points
- G2 Esports: +85 points
Worst PERFORMING teams of the Week 6
- Origen: -123 points
- Schalke04: -97 points
- Excel: -57 points
Biggest Score Wins of the Week 6
- Fnatic: +127 points vs Origen (Day1)
- Fnatic: +125 points vs Vitality (Day2)
- SK Gaming: +121 points vs Schalke04 (Day2)
To Note – Some scores sometimes aren't the exact sum of their addends cause of rounding not showed in the graphs.
Every feedback to improve this power ranking and how it should be shown will be appreciated.
Here the full explanation on how it works
I divided the teams of the LEC into a starting ranking based on:
- the average power ranking gathered on several websites,
- how teams ended last Summer Split (new teams got a lower score),
- then I normalized the average score in a range from a minimum of 500 points for the lowest score to a maximum of a 1.000 score for the highest one.
More things than 2018 Edition
- The ranking is now updated on each playday rather than each week.
- The starting rank is based on an average score that takes into account last split results and several websites power rankings.
- The formula is now exponential and no more linear.
This is an analytical power ranking because it expresses the value of the teams through a score. The score changes during the weeks according to the match results between the teams: it is not based on the victories and the defeats itself but on how these come through, like in other traditional sports. This power ranking is based on the level of the teams against which you win or lose in that week. Winning against a lower level team scores less than winning against a superior team. Likewise, losing against a lower level team will lose more points than losing against a superior team.
The sum is not zero cause the losing team loses half of the amount of the winning one.
The scores will be updated weekly on Reddit but every playday, in order to give the most accurate analytical value of the team on the eve of each competitive week. Along with this power ranking, I will also introduce the best team of the week or the roster that will achieve the most points differential compared to the previous week, and the worst: Best Performing Teams of the Week and Worst Performing Teams of the Week. Last, but not least, the team that it has obtained the best positive score in a single match: Biggest Score Wins of the Week. There won’t be the Worst Defeat of the week because it clearly is the team who lost to the Best Win one.
Source: Original link
© Post "LEC Power Ranking post-Week 6 – 2019 Spring Split" for game League of Legends.