My husband and I got married last February and I thought I might as well share our story with you LoL fans.
We met on 27th April 2013 on League of Legends as we were randomly matched in the same team. He was jungling with Evelynn and I was supporting with Sona. We won that game and he sent me a friend request after that. We greeted each other but we did not speak until fifteen days later when he invited me to play with him again.
To cut the story short, we started skyping while playing, then we starting texting and sharing video calls too. Eventually after one year of millions of messages shared between us, we decided we should meet in real because we needed to understand what was going on. We met. He cut a one way ticket to my country. He stayed. We dated. We ended up in a relationship. Four years later we got married. And yes, we still play LoL almost daily.
We felt that somehow RIOT might as well get to know about our story because it is thanks to RIOT that we arrived where we arrived. We love the game. It is a hobby we share. And I sleep between my husband and the Tibbers plush everyday lol.
Some months ago I posted on the wedding planning subreddit asking for tips on how to include League of Legends items or other significance in our wedding while still having a nice grown up wedding. The wedding was amazing, we really enjoyed it so I thought I may share with you guys a collage of the things we did related to the game me and my husband met on.
- The colour scheme was also related to League of Legends (teal
, gold and ivory ). Similarly, the flowers were yellowish/white with teal accessories.
- We had photo props (not included in the collage) and cards for props (included in the collage
) for guests to take photos with. We had teal crystals and golden flowers scattered around.
- The cake toppers were the original RIOT arcade Ezreal and arcade Ahri. The rest of the arcade set was around the bottom of cake, on the table. The middle tier of the cake had Kindred's quote, "Never One… Without The Other."
- The guestbook had the maps of the countries my husband and I originate from and a plane going from the husband's country coming to my country. One may notice that the plane makes a heart route at some point and in the middle of that heart there is a big 'L' which is the logo of League of Legends.
- We had several banners that I designed on Photoshop and I got them printed in stickers to be stuck on wood. One of them was the welcoming sign which had the Draven inspired quote, "Welcome to the LEAGUE of ….."
Photos by Shane P. Watts Photography besides the two on the right
Besides the provided picture I wished to add that, we had 4 poros too but unfortunately they were stolen during the wedding. I guess someone really liked them? Lol
I also had a Frozen inspired white cape! And my husband also coded LED lights to the beat of the song for our first dance of 'True Colours' by Gavin Beach and Tay Cousins. This was inspired by 'The Trolls' movie.
Photos by Shane P. Watts Photography
This is the link of a Short Film of our wedding if you are even more interested on the day captured in motion:
Thank you for reading!
I do hope it serves as inspiration for others who really wish to capture snippets of their favourite things as a couple on their special day!
Summoner's Name: Nóriel and Lerdir
Source: Original link
© Post "Managed to plan a classy wedding with League of Legends touches! (And LOTR inspired rings)" for game League of Legends.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.