For the past 7-8 months, I've been working on a new Ryze kit. I describe it as an "alternative 9.12". Some of you may have seen previous iterations I've shared here and on
I want to do a better job of adding counterplay and balance levers than the most recent rework did (while preserving the "fun" and the skill expression). I don't expect Riot to use it; this is for my own satisfaction, and hopefully some of you enjoy it as well!
There are a lot of moving parts, which makes it really hard to get good feedback because people stop reading! I'm trying to add graphics in case that helps.
TLDR: Mana scalings are changed. They no longer give damage, but instead evolve Ryze's abilities past a certain bonus mana threshold. Flux autospread is removed. No more targeted root, EW slows and EWQ roots on Q hit. Shields are back, but not on EE rune charges (movespeed is only on EE). Realm Warp is replaced with a new "ramp up"-style Desperate Power ultimate.
Changed Mana Scalings ("Runic Awakening")
– Ryze's basic ability mana scalings are removed.
– When Ryze hits 1400 bonus mana, a portal appears inside of the fountain. Ryze can click on the portal to retrieve a Rune of Power and burn its essence into the Scroll. This transforms Ryze's abilities (changes are marked below). The abilities continue to upgrade incrementally with bonus mana.
E: Spell Flux
– Autospread removed; Spell Flux spreads like the previous version.
– AP Ratio increased by 5%.
– RUNIC AWAKENING: Targets hit by Spell Flux have reduced Magic Resistance for 2 seconds; 8/16/24% at 1400/1700/2100 bonus mana. The duration will refresh with added Spell Flux hits (no stacking).
W: Rune Prison / Prison Flux
– No more targeted root.
– AP Ratio increased by 10%.
– When Rune Prison is cast on Spell Flux (EW), it creates Prison Flux. Prison Flux slows like Rune Prison.
– When Overload hits a Prison Fluxed target (EWQ), they're rooted for 1.75 seconds.
– RUNIC AWAKENING: Rune Prison & Prison Flux upgrade. They Cripple the target by 20%/25%/30% at 1400/1700/2100 bonus mana while they're slowed. If the target is rooted by EWQ, Cripple is removed.
– AP Ratio increased by 7.5%
– E and W charge different Runes. EE Runes give a speed boost.
– EW/WE/WW Runes give a shield that decays to 0 over 4 seconds.
– RUNIC AWAKENING: W Runes "awaken". Before this, only E will charge Runes, and Ryze can't get a shield. The speed/shield boosts scale with bonus mana.
R: Desperate Power (abbreviated as DP)
– Realm Warp removed.
– DP has a 60-second static cooldown and an 8-12 second duration (scales with rank).
– When Overload hits a champ, Ryze gets a DP stack for 4 seconds (4 stacks max). Duration refreshes with added stacks.
– Overload's % damage bonus is restructured. Each DP stack gives Overload a % damage bonus on Spell Fluxed targets (stacks additively). Before Runic Awakening, this bonus is 20% per stack.
– RUNIC AWAKENING: Desperate Power stacks give 30% bonus damage on fluxed targets.
– RUNIC AWAKENING: This active portion is unlocked for use. Ryze can activate DP with 4 stacks.
– The 4 DP stacks remain for the duration.
– E and W charge double Runes. The speed buffs don't stack, but the buff will be refreshed.
– The shield buff is increased by 0%-50% (based on Ryze's missing health).
– Overload casts grant 2% added CDR (10% maximum, ignoring the cap). This resets if Overload isn't cast for 2 seconds.
– Ryze's mana costs double for the DP duration.
– When DP ends, Ryze cannot charge Runes or get DP stacks for 4 seconds.
SUMMARY OF ADDED COUNTERPLAY/WEAKNESSES:
– Removed damage from mana scalings
– Autospread flux removed
– Root is now a setup-reliant skillshot
– Realm Warp removed (no level 6 spike at all, really)
– % bonus damage is changed to lower burst substantially
– The various changes put severe limits on waveclear
SUMMARY OF ADDED STRENGTHS:
– Runic Awakening's various "upgrades"
– AP scaling buffs
– % bonus damage is higher once "ramped up"
– Desperate Power active
All feedback is welcome! As I mentioned, I'm especially concerned with readability. I know that there's a lot to go through. Also, feel free to critique the numbers; they're placeholders, but I'm trying to make them somewhat reasonable. I'll include FAQs in a comment below. Thanks in advance!
Source: Original link
© Post "My Ryze Rework Proposal (Graphics Included)" for game League of Legends.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.