The Ultimate TFT Release Guide & Resources
A compendium of all things related to Riot's new game mode, Team Fight Tactics
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Team Fight Tactics?
Team Fight Tactics (TFT) is Riot’s version of the popular “Auto Chess” game (Announcement). TFT is a round-based strategy game that pits you against seven opponents in a free-for-all race to build a powerful team that fights on your behalf. Official Page &
How can I play?
TFT will be hitting live servers soon and can be played in the League of Legends client once it does. Otherwise it can be played in the Public Beta Environment (PBE) server.
When will TFT be released on live servers?
Will be slowly rolled out in the upcoming 9.13 Patch this week. However, not all regions will be released at the same time, and will be rolled out in batches. Current release schedule post.
Will TFT be a permanent mode?
Depends on its success. Quoting Riot SapMagic tweet, "basically nothing is guaranteed to be permanent. For example: Let's say we release this and no one plays it or enjoys it. We probably wouldn't keep it around indefinitely."
Will TFT be Free to Play?
TFT will be Free to Play, with no “Pay to Win”. There is monetization through cosmetic skins that can be bought through RP. These include ‘Little Legends’, Profile Icons, Arena Skins and a Battle Pass.
How can I play on PBE?
PBE requires a League of Legends account with a minimum of Honour Level 3. Account can then be registered on
LOL PBE Signup website. Note, there is a
very large login queue to play PBE at the moment.
When will Ranked TFT release?
Ranked is planned to be released with LOL Patch 9.14. Patch 9.14 is scheduled for
Can I queue with friends in TFT and how will Ranked work?
For Normals, you'll be able toqueue with a full premade. Ranked will be similar to how it works for Summoner's Rift (tiers, divisions, etc.), but won't have promotion series. You'll be able to play with friends with up to 5 players for Gold and below and up to 3 players for Platinum and above.
Mobile or Cross-Platform?
No plans yet, but mobile is definitely being looked at. They wish to focus primarily on PC first.
Game Updates & Information:
Riot MapleNectar (Product Lead – Primarily for release information/server updates)
Riot SapMagic (UX Lead – Game information/updates)
Riot August (Best for Patch Notes/changes)
Reddit TFT Subreddit Dev AMA
Riot Maple Q&A with Liquid.Rakin
r/Teamfight_Tactics Riot SapMagic's Twitter Answer Compilation
TFT Subreddit (1) or TFT Subreddit (2)
Origins & Classes:
Official Reference Chart
Note – Some tooltips/descriptions may be outdated
Champion Tier Lists:
Item Tier Lists:
Origin/Class Tier Lists:
TFTactics Origins & Classes
Note – Some lists may be outdated
Official Gameplay Guide
Comparison to DAC by Mobalytics
Win/Loss Streaking by u/Neslia
Khroen's Top 10 TFT Tips
8 Strong Builds by naturesbfLoL or TFTactics Post
- Cosmetics for TFT are bought in the In-Game Store for RP or earned through the Free Beta Pass (Battle Pass).
- TFT's version of the Auto-Chess Courier are called 'Little Legends'.
- These are fully cosmetic only and have no impact on gameplay (Unless you tilt opponents through Dabbing).
- Specific Legends cost 750RP, Random Eggs cost 490RP & 11x Random Eggs Cost 4900RP.
- Variants: Chance to open a different versions of each species that are rarer (Lootbox Chance)
- Star-Ups: Duplicates of each variant will combine to "Star-Up" into an enhanced model at 1,2 & 3 duplicates.
TFTactics Little Legends List
All Beta Arena Skins
Beta Pass Rewards by LOL Wiki
Useful Game Information:
Player Damage Formula:
2 Damage (Base) +
Source: TFT Dev Reddit AMA – Image>
Champion Pool Sizes & Probabilities:
|Level||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5|
|39 Total||26 Total||21 Total||13 Total||10 Total|
Riot SapMagic Twitter –
EXP Table that shows the amount needed to level up:
|Current Level||Next Level||EXP Needed|
- Base EXP Gain = 2 EXP/Round
- Buying EXP, 4 EXP = 4 Gold
Table of Rounds:
|Round No||Stage||Round Info||PvE Type||Notes|
|1||1-1||Shared Draft + PvE||2x Minions (2x Melee)|
|2||1-2||PvE||3x Minions (2x Melee, 1x Ranged)|
|3||1-3||PvE||4x Minions (2x Melee, 2x Ranged)|
|7||2-4||Shared Draft + PvP|
|9||2-6||PvE||3x Krugs||Each Krug will full heal after another dies|
|15||3-6||PvP||5x Murk Wolves (1x Greater, 4x Normal)||Wolves jump & attack back line|
|21||4-6||PvP||5x Raptors (1x Crimson, 4x Normal)||Each Raptor death will buff all other alive Raptors|
|27||5-6||PvP||1x Infernal Drake||Drake does heavy AOE damage|
|33||6-6||PvP||1x Rift Herald||Rift charges and holds 1 lootable item|
|39||7-6||PvP||1x Elder Dragon||Dragon does heavy AOE damage and holds 1 lootable item|
- Round 1 through 3 have no PvP and is all versus Minions
- Round 1 Includes an initial Shared Draft (Carousel)
- From Round 4 (Stage 2-1) Onwards, Rounds share the same format:
1. An initial 3 PvP Rounds (Randomly selected opponents) 2. Followed by a Shared Draft and PvP Round (In the same stage) 3. Followed by one PvP Round 4. Ending in one PvE Round against increasingly difficult Monsters
- 0 to 5 Gold – Interest
- 1 to 3 Gold – Win/Loss Streaks
- 0 to 4 Gold – 3 Set Pirate Bonus (per Round)
- 1 Gold – Every PvP Win (Not on PvE or Losses)
- 5 Gold – Base income per Round (Except for the first 3 Rounds). Exceptions:
1. Round 1 - (Carousel) 1/2 Gold Unit dependent on pick 2. Round 2 - 2 Gold 3. Round 3 - 3 Gold 4. Round 4 - 5 Gold Onwards
You gain 1 Gold additional Interest per 10 Gold ‘saved’ in your ‘bank’. I.e.
|3 Wins in a Row||3 Losses in a Row||+1 Gold per Round|
|5 Wins in a Row||5 Losses in a Row||+2 Gold per Round|
|8 Wins in a Row||8 Losses in a Row||+3 Gold per Round|
Source: Original link
© Post "The Ultimate TFT Release Guide & Resources" for game League of Legends.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.